• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Go Fund Me - A Raffle and a Plea for Help

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
When I was nine years-old my dad handed me a copy of Dragon Flight by Anne McCaffrey, and I knew then that I would spend my life writing speculative fiction. My father was a Navy Chief, an avid consumer of all things science fiction, and he raised me on the classics: Asimov, Heinlein, Forbidden Planet, and The War of the Worlds. Star Trek and Star Wars filled me with wonder. My mother was the writer of their inseparable pair, but it was my father who shaped my genre and eventually brought me here to you.

Last week he became ill, but he did not want anyone to know how sick he was. A 26 year Navy veteran, he was not a man who admitted to pain until it was too late. He was only 70. I'm grateful he did not linger, he would not have wanted that, but the loss was sudden and devastating, and my family was not prepared. I have started a small Go Fund Me campaign in an attempt to meet the expenses of giving my veteran father a decent burial, and would appreciate any help or signal boosting that you can provide.

Fundraiser by Kristin Vinck : Navy Veteran's Funeral Expenses

Also, our own Scribe, Lacey, has generously donated her time and considerable talent to help us achieve our goal. Any donations will be entered into a raffle for one of her custom dragon sculptures, and if you have not yet seen her work you should visit her at Here There Be Sculptures.

Instagram

We cannot express how grateful we are to the Scribes community for your love and support at this difficult time. Thank you so much!