• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Member Whereabouts

Kelise

Maester
Here be a place where we can 'sign in and out' of the forums - if we know we're going to be offline for a while.

Ever noticed a regular forum member has suddenly gone quiet for a week or three, only to suddenly appear again? Did they lose interest, or were they moving house, or..?

Here, we can post saying where we're going to be if we think we won't be around for any great length of time. It could also be useful if one of us says we're going on holiday... and it happens to be to somewhere another one of us wants to write about. Photo demands ahoy!

Kelise

Maester
Annnnd just to kick this off, I'm going to London from the 25th April until 13th May, so I won't be around much during those times. I'm only taking my iPad away with me, and the app doesn't seem to allow you to reply, just to read the forums.

If anyone wants any info about London, specific photos and etc, for any novel they're working on, let me know. I've got a week of free time, more or less :) I'll also be going to Stratford-upon-Avon and Cambridge. Yes, I'm there for the wedding but I'm avoiding it like all hell, so I won't be able to help with that ;)

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
I'm only taking my iPad away with me, and the app doesn't seem to allow you to reply, just to read the forums.

Just so you know, it's only the free version of forum runner that doesn't allow replies. You can purchase the full version for only $1.99 from the Itunes App Store. It allows you to reply, send private messages, and do anything else that you can through a browser. I use it almost daily.

Kelise

Maester
Woo, replying using it right now. Thanks for that ^^ Guess I can keep in contact after all. You all won't get any rest now.

Hey Starconstant. Now you mention it, I could use a favour if you're heading to London. One of my favourite authors - Peter V Brett is having his books promoted in London from the 25th April to the 9th of May in the form of large posters in WH Smith and possibly Waterstones. The posters look great but unfortunately, he lives in America and so won't be able to see them in person. He has requested that if anyone in london can get a photo, he'll throw it up on his blog.
You can see the poster here - http://www.petervbrett.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/PB_6_sheet-double_sm.jpg
If you could get a picture, I'd very much appreciate it :D

Ophiucha

Auror
Let us know how your trip is! :)
Though it is a good time away (and I'll post again as a reminder), I can say right now that I pretty much won't be here (at least not much) from August 12th to September 3rd. My wedding, PAX, and my 20th birthday all sort of fall together.

Kelise

Maester
Hey Starconstant. Now you mention it, I could use a favour if you're heading to London. One of my favourite authors - Peter V Brett is having his books promoted in London from the 25th April to the 9th of May in the form of large posters in WH Smith and possibly Waterstones. The posters look great but unfortunately, he lives in America and so won't be able to see them in person. He has requested that if anyone in london can get a photo, he'll throw it up on his blog.
You can see the poster here - http://www.petervbrett.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/PB_6_sheet-double_sm.jpg
If you could get a picture, I'd very much appreciate it :D

Oh well, on the 26th I'll be in a WHSmith at 10am, as that's where I'm meeting my friend :) I shall do my best to get a good photo :)

And thanks everyone ^^ I depart in 10 hours or so and starting to freak out, I utterly detest flying as I've burst my eardrums twice now :\

Kelise

Maester
I'm back! And I didn't see the posters at all - unless they were covered by graffiti or stickers. I always thought 'Oh, I'll find a good one tomorrow'... and although I went into every WH Smith from London to Cambridge to Brighton... yeah, nothing :( I'm sorry :( I got 300 photos of Doctor Who and butterfly farms and my boyfriend though? Not helpful? Drat.

Behelit

Troubadour
Exterminate! Ex-ter-miin-aate! Welcome back Katharine!

That tweed jacket is sharp! My gal has been encouraging me to dress as the Tennant Doctor but I don't consider myself a Doctor Who fan. I like the show but I don't love it nearly as much as others do.

Kelise

Maester
No :( And the swimming pool near the library is my favourite part. They're such a tease! If they ever add 11th's TARDIS then I'll need to go back.

The Doctor Who Experience might be costly and a bit short, but it was so so so much fun. I really should have taken more photos (in the parts you're allowed to) but I was too excited, and my partner was even more so - running around and back and forth everywhere. They have all the outfits - and a little memorial for Sarah Jane :( - and K9 and everything. A lot of the museum was made up by items from private collections, actually, which was surprising. The BBC really don't have onto much...

Man Star LOL If I knew when I was gonna be gone I would let you guys know LMAO!!! but between the battles of fatigue and insomnia with the pregnancy and the forgetfulness and fatigue of the hormone pills.. I just have been "here" to be here o_O Does that make sense? But.. I've been okay the last two or three days.. Haven't napped not once during the day!!! That's like a record.. for the last 10 weeks I've been sleeping about 20 hours a day O.O But when I hit 11 weeks.. it just stopped LOL I just wasn't tired anymore o_O so now it's kinda reversed o_O I sleep maybe 3-5 hours a day x.x I'm up dabbling in anything that can hold my attention for more then 3 seconds.. which happens to be... Nothing LMAO! But if I catch myself in a "duh" moment again.. I will alert you guys that I may poof for a bit until I feel "normal" >^.^< Promise

Kelise

Maester
Annnd again I'm off - to Melbourne until the 16th for a writing convention known as Continuum. Hopefully I'll bring back information to share :)

Last edited:

Sezmo

Dreamer
Kinda new here but I'm off to Germany tomorrow. I'm actually going to be living out there for a few years but I'm not sure how long it's going to take to get the internet set up there. I will be back though.

Have fun at the writing convention Starconstant!

I am stationed in Kodiak Alaska for the summer. There should be no interruption in my ability to post. If anyone wants pictures/information on this region let me know.

One interesting fact:

Kodiak is the second largest island in the United States and is home to a plant known as Devils Club. It is a prehistoric leafy plant with wooden stalks. The stalks have small thorns and white fluff that cause extreme skin irritation that can leave blistering, burning and scaring. However, if you cut all that bad stuff off the bark and boil the insides of the stick it makes a quite nice ginseng-rich tea.