• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Fantasy Fighter Death Match - Tournament Round 4

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Haha, if Aragorn beats Karsa then it's confirmed: no one has read Erikson. :)

But I think this stands as more of a popularity contest than an actual fighting contest. So yeah, if Aragorn wins this whole thing, then it's definitely a popularity contest.

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Here were my votes this go around:

Karsa
Gotrek
Druss
Conan
Gregor
Logen (this was difficult since I love Drizzt)
Death Dealer
Kull
Tanis
Trull
Gimli
Waylander
Gilgamesh
Kane
Orlando
The Feared
Icarium
Inigo Montoya (I'm voting for him every time! :) )
Benedict

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Haha, if Aragorn beats Karsa then it's confirmed: no one has read Erikson. :)

But I think this stands as more of a popularity contest than an actual fighting contest. So yeah, if Aragorn wins this whole thing, then it's definitely a popularity contest.

Yeah, you are probably right. It is meant to be more of a "who would win in a fight" contest, but there is no way that approach can be reconciled with Aragorn beating many of the other contestants, and particularly not Karsa Oolong ;)

So fess up, you four. If you have Aragorn winning, how do you think he pulls it off? A trick up his sleeve? Karsa is asleep when Aragorn finds him? This does give a good seque into discussion, which is another purpose of the match!

Last edited:

Mindfire

Istar
Yeah, you are probably right. It is meant to be more of a "who would win in a fight" contest, but there is no way that approach can be reconciled with Aragorn beating many of the other contestants, and particularly not Karsa Oolong ;)

So fess up, you four. If you have Aragorn winning, how do you think he pulls it off? A trick up his sleeve? Karsa is asleep when Aragorn finds him? This does give a good seque into discussion, which is another purpose of the match!

Aha! The name is misspelled. Apparently it's Karsa Orlong, not Karsa Oolong. Karsa Oolong doesn't exist even in fiction, so of COURSE Aragorn beats a nonexistent opponent. Aragorn wins by default! :D

Although I admit, I've still never heard of Karsa Orlong either.

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Ah. I must have been drinking tea when I wrote that!

Karsa Orlong is the one with the wallet that says "Bad Mother****er" on it. :D