• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Shameless Self-Appreciation Thread

Argentum

Troubadour
I think this is a grand idea! All this week and last week I didn't want to write, but heck yes! I'm only 200 away from my 100k mark! Finally 2/3rds done with my book! I am awesome and will celebrate when I reach 100k with Reese's Pieces.

Jess A

Archmage
After much moping around, I think I may have solved a plot hole. Until I find the next one. I am very excited! Now I can write again.

I think this is a grand idea! All this week and last week I didn't want to write, but heck yes! I'm only 200 away from my 100k mark! Finally 2/3rds done with my book! I am awesome and will celebrate when I reach 100k with Reese's Pieces.
Go in front of a mirror. Point a finger at your reflection and say "You Rock" :D
Always makes me feel even better :p

After much moping around, I think I may have solved a plot hole. Until I find the next one. I am very excited! Now I can write again.
I know how annoying that can be. Normally I just trust my own genius to sort it out as I go along :p

ALB2012

Maester
Yay to people being able to write. For the record I have just decided to change the end of book 2, go back to the original plot O had for book 3 that I thought didnt work but if i change the ending of book 2 which I am editing it does, only it is now further in the future and swapping the idea for book 4 to book 3.:)

I've written 2700 words, and now only need to finish the last chapter. Perhaps I'll finish the draft this week. ^^

*edit

Boom yeah! Draft is now complete! 114198 words.

Last edited:

Chime85

Sage
Wohoo, finished Chapter VII, Yubbajubs are so confusing. Over 41,000 words and climbing :)

Edit:31/07/2012, Chapter VIII complete, the war has begun. Over 47,000 and still climbing :)

03/08/2012, Chapter IX complete. Over 51,000, clinbing higher :)

x

Last edited:

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
I managed to come up with something to fill the plot hole in the explanation of why there are no cars in my world. Making progress feels great. All that's left is to write it down, but first: PIZZA!

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Got ~300 words written for my vampire story this evening, in a particularly troublesome scene that's been holding me up for many days. Small progress, but it's there. ^^

Now, do I want this scene to become riddled with conflict or not, and how would that affect these minor characters' future scenes much later in the novel? Questions, questions...

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Today I have finished the chapter called The Winter Games of the third and final novel of my Fantasy series Joan of England. The novel has finally passed the 50000 words barrier at this point, which means that about two thirds of the expected final length have been completed =)

This chapter has also closed the happy part of the novel, and now the next chapter Shadows in the Sky will bring the start of the war and the darkest parts of the entire series...

I want to finish this novel in December!!