• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Random thoughts

Why does 2+2=4? Why not 5 or 6 or 7. Why is the world full of constants? Space is inconstant, but none of us realise that. Look into the world beyond you. What do you see? The sun, the stars? They have to exist, but how? In space? But how? What is space? Why is it there? What we see, so far, how is it there? Why do we exist? In the end, we're only invisible specks on the monstrosity that is the universe. What's the meaning of our existence? Why do birds fly, while we don't?

What is life?

The Unseemly

Troubadour
Perhaps let me put it like this advait:

The best questions always answer themselves. The trick is finding out what is the best type of question.

OR

Most of your above questions advait could possibly be answered like so: Q. why do you climb a mountain? A. Because it's there.

If I'm going to make a brief exception from, eherm, not messing up and using internet talk on here, you could nicely summarise as: #YOLO.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
My devout Buddhist friend would disagree with that statement - very politely and probably while offering you a cup of tea and some sticky rice cakes [take one, they are really very nice sticky rice cakes!].
I go about as far as this...
In beauty I walk
With beauty before me I walk
With beauty behind me I walk
With beauty above me I walk
With beauty around me I walk

In beauty all day long may I walk.
Through the returning seasons, may I walk.
On the trail marked with pollen may I walk.
With dew about my feet, may I walk.

In old age wandering on a trail of beauty, lively, may I walk.
In old age wandering on a trail of beauty, living again, may I walk.
My words will be beautiful.
I can make a mean fry bread and my lamb stew is getting better...

Last edited:

SeverinR

Vala
You owned the key to my heart,
now it is tossed in some box in the attic with all
the other forgotten memories.
I just hope the day will come that someone will pick the lock.

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster

Addison

Auror
People often spend so much time rethinking the past, "what if I asked her out? What if I didn't quit that job? What if this and that and those?" They spend so much time what-ifing what can't be changed that they waste away the present and forsake the future. Live in the now and what-if your future.