• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Tollbridge - First Settlement

Coming back to play D&D, I also returned to play with campaign cartographer.

Because of it's large resolution, and large size, I won't place the image directly in here, rather I will have to post a link of its post on DeviantArt here.

Also, as Campaign Cartographer is notorious for its exporting, the quality is not the best :(

Enough talk, here is Tollbridge
Tollbridge - First Settlement by Kiross on DeviantArt

"After Tirania empire lost its navy, it had to resort for longer and slower merchant routes.
Seeing the opportunity to fall into the emperor's favour, Duke Quoinn used an already existent road, improving it, building bridges to cross the river Gemini, which once had to be forded and was impassable on raining seasons. To pay for it, he constructed two guard/toll stations, at each bridge, and protected by the river."

Nowadays, Tollbridge is a powerful city spamming the whole land between the rivers. But instead of mapping the city as it is today, I'm building up from its primordials, with reasons and stories to why and how it is what it is today.

So, what you think guys? :D

Ragnar

Dreamer
It seems like a solid idea. There's certainly a lot of room to flesh out the area and populate it with interesting characters, stories and potential quests. I came from a AD&D background as well, so I can understand what your going for and see the possibilities ;)