• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Kevin Hearne's the Iron Druid Graphic Novel

A Hobbit

Hi everyone , so here's the first sketch of Atticus and Oberon from the Iron Druid approved by Kevin Hearne for your viewing pleasure. Please feel free to give me any feedback, I'm eager to hear your thoughts.

jrsg8qv

TWErvin2

Auror
Pretty darn good artwork, there. :)

The Iron Druid Chronicles are a great read (and listen, if you enjoy audiobooks).

K.S. Crooks

Maester
Great work. For me it feels like they (man and dog) are both heroes not for fame or fortune, but simply to help when they can.

I feel like there should be a little bit more dynamism in the guy's pose. Also, I feel like you should bring him slightly closer to the dog.

It's very good artwork though :)

Twinss Risen

Dreamer
Wow, very very nice...
I am not aware of the Iron Druid Chronicles (hey, I'm new to this site, as well as to fantasy as a genre :p) but the drawing is really good.
I would agree with DragonOfTheAerie in regards to making the guy a bit more dynamic. Moreover, the way he's petting the dog, it looks more like he's holding the dog back (as if he's holding the dog's forehead so that the dog won't move forward) instead of actually petting him. If he's petting him, his hand would probably slide more backwards, so maybe only the thumb of his hand will be visible from the front.
..Actually, our hands move back and forth while petting an animal anyway, but I believe if you placed his hand a bit more to the back, it will be easier to understand and more appealing to the eye.

Also, that is a big dog, right? xD
I am not aware of the story or the world, as I mentioned before, but the dog looks quite big compared to the human (I know there are such dog breeds, but I just wanna make sure :) ).

Wow, very very nice...
I am not aware of the Iron Druid Chronicles (hey, I'm new to this site, as well as to fantasy as a genre :p) but the drawing is really good.
I would agree with DragonOfTheAerie in regards to making the guy a bit more dynamic. Moreover, the way he's petting the dog, it looks more like he's holding the dog back (as if he's holding the dog's forehead so that the dog won't move forward) instead of actually petting him. If he's petting him, his hand would probably slide more backwards, so maybe only the thumb of his hand will be visible from the front.
..Actually, our hands move back and forth while petting an animal anyway, but I believe if you placed his hand a bit more to the back, it will be easier to understand and more appealing to the eye.

Also, that is a big dog, right? xD
I am not aware of the story or the world, as I mentioned before, but the dog looks quite big compared to the human (I know there are such dog breeds, but I just wanna make sure :) ).

It looks like an Irish wolfhound, which are some of the tallest dogs.