Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fall movie releases

I'm looking forward to Star Wars and Thor: Ragnarok mainly, but I'll probably end up seeing Blade Runner too. I watched the original for the first time recently, and I enjoyed it, even if I did think it got a bit silly towards the end. But I'm always up for a good meaty, philosophical text.

Because Affleck sucks? I actively avoid anything the man is in.

Quote Originally Posted by Devor View Post
    Nobody else hyped for Thor: Ragnarok, huh?

The kids are looking forward to the Lego Ninjago movie and My Little Pony, but even giving them a lot wiggle room I'm skeptical of movies made from tv shows.

I'm still not sure about Justice League. That first trailer looked good, but the recent ones have been iffy. And now they're suggesting "The Batman" movie won't even use Affleck or be connected to the DCU? Gi'me a break, they don't even have confidence in their own universe.
    Craven Raven, black of feather and black of beak,
    of what today shall we speak?

Whedon, nope, that instills zero confidence, might even go negative.

Blade Runner makes me more nervous than excited, much like the idea of a redo of Logan's Run would. It could be hideous or phenomenal, but I won't get excited for anything. I've seen way too many movies. These days, I enjoy the Pixar and Disney movies as much as anything else, because my girls love them.

Years ago when doing screenwriter, a screenwriter told me the best writers in the biz do tv. I think that's more true now than then, if you consider Netflix and such. And most of it still doesn't interest me. I'm an old fuddy duddy.

Blade Runner 2049 is about the only film that interests me. It looks great in the Trailers and I liked Maelstrom and Arrival when I saw them. Lets all the taste isn't on the menu...
    As a rule I won't go to see any films in the Multiplexs now. British Cinemas usually forget to take the 3D lens off when showing a 2D film [and I'm one of the 5% that 3D doesn't work for]. That and the other people that watch movies don't seem to want to watch the film.
    So I'm not going to spend £12-18 on a seat in a theatre when the film will be dim and slightly out of focus, and the other patrons more intent of messaging that watching. I'll wait a month or 3 to see it in my local arts centre where it will be slightly out of focus, but nice and bright and the other patrons will complain that it wasn't a good as The Bicycle Thieves, Les Diaboliques or Citizen Kane [or what ever classic was playing the week before]. I am looking forward to the 90th Anniversary re-release of Metropololis which is doing the rounds in September.
    And yes I am old and grumpy...
    But I've got a blu-ray player and a really good pair of headphones so I don't care.
    Gibson: No, I... I have to write some letters first.

Portfolio Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CupofJoe View Post
    As a rule I won't go to see any films in the Multiplexs now. British Cinemas usually forget to take the 3D lens off when showing a 2D film [and I'm one of the 5% that 3D doesn't work for].
    Same here! 3D makes me kind of nauseous. The theater I go to most often isn't equipped with 3D technology yet so it isn't even an option. It's a pretty small, inexpensive place but they run a tight ship. The picture and sound are usually good. But like you said, I prefer my laptop and a set of headphones for most movies.

(Except the new Mad Max. I still regret not seeing that in theater when it was released.)
    Somnio ergo sum.

It is interesting to see we are getting a new Deathwish. I guess this means the author is hungry for money. He was so disappointed when the film adaptation was done he refused to have anything to do with promoting it and spoke poorly of it.

Perhaps his disgust has worn off.
    “Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.”- John Wayne

Bronson's Death Wish is such a gritty classic, but I am interseted to see Willis in a version of the part. Probably not enough to see it in a theater, but hey, if the kids can't see it, I pretty much don't see anything in the theater these days, LOL.

I'm a sucker for vigilante stories.

Portfolio Entries
    "IT" is a block buster.
    Do you think it's that good?
    Or are people just starved for a good movie in theaters?
    Maybe a little of both?
    But you'll always follow the voices beneath, Loyalty, loyalty, loyalty, only to me!
    The only thing I remember bout grammar is she baked me cookies.
    http://severinr.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    It is interesting to see we are getting a new Deathwish. I guess this means the author is hungry for money. He was so disappointed when the film adaptation was done he refused to have anything to do with promoting it and spoke poorly of it.

Perhaps his disgust has worn off.
    Well Deathwish 9 was pretty short and disappointing

-Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
    -A society which emphasizes uniformity is one which creates intolerance and hate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12