Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing Now?

Senior Member TheCrystallineEntity's Avatar
    Portfolio Entries
    ^Yeah...I'll be worried about Sakura and Azura the most on Classic Birthright. Although I suppose if Corrin falls it's Game Over anyway, so that could be a backup plan if too many characters die.

Chessie
    I might play Skyrim forever. It's so entertaining.

Swindler's Den: my assassin and her husband were cornered in a hallway leading into a room full of high level bandits. They picked a handful of them off, one by one, luring them into the hallway (illusion spells lol). She then proceeded to pile the bodies at the room's entrance because she couldn't get past the bandit mage and his stupid lightning. Ritual Stone resurrected all of bodies—used their own friends to kill off the rest of the bandits, chased them down and around into the upstairs part of the cave, beheaded three in a row, and went on with her life.

Holy shit. Why do I find this so amusing?!

No time for video games for me anymore. Last game I played to its finish was, I think, Dead Space 2. And even then it had been a while since I had played another.

I'm currently having a lot of fun with Horizon Zero Dawn. The basic premise: in a post-apocalyptic future, humanity has reverted to a primitive tribal society whilst animal-like machines roam the earth. Your protagonist hunts these machines while trying to figure out her own origins and the nature of the world before the fall.

The open-world elements are deftly handled, with the developers evidently having realised that the sheer size of a map means nothing unless it's filled with interesting things to interact with. There's no tedious collectibles scattered everywhere, and all the side-objectives are each fulfilling in their own way. And the story so far is definitely compelling. Overall, would recommend.

5. Thanks Tom thanked for this post
    Portfolio Entries
    The hype surrounding the release of Mass Effect: Andromeda made me miss ME3, so I dug it out to make a new Shep. It's been a while since I last played so the controls took some readjusting to, and the graphics look a little stilted after returning to the game a couple years down the road. Still a solid experience, with a nice balance of storytelling and gameplay. And it was fun to get back to playing a renegade infiltrator.
    Somnio ergo sum.

Portfolio Entries
    So...do I pick up Tales of the Abyss again from where I left off while level-grinding, or try for the third time to finish Rune Factory 4 all the way through, or wait patiently for my two Castlevania DS games to arrive? Hmm...
    Or do none of that and spend $430+ on Clamp Manga, the Clockwork Princess manga, and the PSP version of Hiiro no Kakera from Japan?! ARGH!

Quote Originally Posted by Chessie View Post
    I might play Skyrim forever. It's so entertaining.

Swindler's Den: my assassin and her husband were cornered in a hallway leading into a room full of high level bandits. They picked a handful of them off, one by one, luring them into the hallway (illusion spells lol). She then proceeded to pile the bodies at the room's entrance because she couldn't get past the bandit mage and his stupid lightning. Ritual Stone resurrected all of bodies—used their own friends to kill off the rest of the bandits, chased them down and around into the upstairs part of the cave, beheaded three in a row, and went on with her life.

Holy shit. Why do I find this so amusing?!
    Ah, good times.

When I get strong enough to one-hit a skeleton with an arrow, they'd come running up to me with their swords and I'll shoot them just before they reach me. Then I get to watch them fall apart in the little killshot cutscene thing, with the bones scattering while still being carried forward by the momentum. I find this strangely amusing to watch.

9. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    MUME - a text-based game inspired by Lord of The Rings. Full fantasy based game, all the fantasy runs in your head. Awesome thing. And many of the players themselves are all fantasy fans as I've noticed. Some of them have joined the ranks of game makers who write descriptions, stories for the game etc. Fun stuff.
    Game can be found here - MUME - Multi Users in Middle-earth

Portfolio Entries
    I'm playing Castlevania Order of Ecclessia. So far, apart from the bosses, it's not as hard as I thought it would be. I guess playing Symphony of the Night and Dawn of Sorrow helped.

Just finished Rise of the Tomb Raider, now playing Horizon: Zero Dawn.
    Inter Lineas Legite

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast