• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Introduction

Hello everyone.

It has been a long time, but I have decided to revive this fantasy fiction project that I had started sketching years ago.

By day, I am a statistician working in medical research. I have written fiction on and off since I was about six years old; unfortunately, I have not done very much fiction writing at all these past several years due to graduate school. I have attempted work in several genres in the past, but I seem to have always gravitated toward fantasy or horror.

The project that I am hoping to get off the ground is a trilogy with elements of horror such as possession, malevolent spirits, haunted monasteries, and condemned spirits coming back from the dead. The trilogy describes events leading up to the Final Judgement. Initially, I had planned this as a single novel, but after sketching out the plot, I realized the story had become too large and sprawling for one book. I already have skeletons of the plots of each of the three books and my next step will be fleshing out more details for the first book.

I already have questions and points for discussion that will appear in other sub-forums shortly. I look forward to discussions with others here!

Ankari

Hero Breaker
Welcome SnappingTurtle.

I'm always amused by the handle that people take on these forums. I even created a thread for it, once. I'm curious about yours. Why Snapping Turtle?

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met SnappingTurtle
Glad to have you here.
This is a great place to learn and share.
Hope you have fun and leap in whenever you have half a mind.

Welcome SnappingTurtle.

I'm always amused by the handle that people take on these forums. I even created a thread for it, once. I'm curious about yours. Why Snapping Turtle?

Turtles have always been one of my favorite species of animals. I'm not entirely sure myself why I selected it as a username though; I simply felt like it would be a good one to use. It was probably more of a case of "I didn't choose my username; my username chose me." I use this username in several places.