• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Introduction

e r i

Scribe
Good afternoon from the land down under! My goodness, I haven't participated in a forum for a very long time (is it odd that I'm a touch nervous?).

Nice to meet you all, my name is eri. Like many Australian girls of my generation, I grew up on a steady dose of Tamora Pierce and Isobelle Carmody, but these days I'm becoming more interested in non-Western fantasy settings. I'm not working towards becoming a prose writer, but I'm interested in fantasy story telling as a way to explore complexities in the human world and condition. My preferred medium is comics, but I terribly enjoy the story and concept building stages… so this community looks like it's exactly what I was looking for! History is my love, but my (ongoing) training is in Linguistics.

Looking forward to some great discussion (the threads I've had a look at are very promising!), learning, maybe even teaching, and getting to know people. Thanks kindly.

Last edited by a moderator:

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met eri [or is it "e r i"?]
This is a great place to learn and share.
We like a good discussion here.
Leap on in when you have half a mind.

e r i

Scribe
Cheers Joe :) I type "e r i" because I think it looks nicer spaced out :) "eri" is fine though!

Nagash

Sage
Welcome on our beautiful community website, e r i ! Just pull a chair, have a sit and enjoy the ride to fantasy land :)