• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Greetings

Hail and well met to you all,
A bit about myself: I live in Windsor, CO with my wife and 3 year old daughter. I have been writing off and on for 40 years, mostly for my own enjoyment, but I've decided to "get serious" and see if I can make a go of it professionally. I have always enjoyed fantasy/horror/sci-fi and was even a Klingon for a time back in the day. (Remind me to post a pic some time.) I was in SCA for many years and now I enjoy attending Ren Faires, when I get the chance, as either a barbarian or pirate as the whim suits me. I enjoy nature and hiking and I have been a practicing witch, not wiccan, for decades. I stumbled upon this site and I'm glad I did. It's comforting to find a place for support and information. I look forward to meeting you all.
Huzzah!

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met Elrik Blackhaven
Good to have you here.
I too dress up as a Pirate, but that is just on Casual Fridays. They won't let me wear the Viking costume any more because of the sword.
Leap on in when you have half a mind.
Share what you know and learn what you need.
And I think I speak for everyone when I say... We want to see the Klingon!

SD Stevens

Scribe
Hello and welcome :)

What is SCA?

And yes we want to see the Klingon. (I Just love how the spell checker knows we are all trekies)

Hi SD,
SCA is the Society for Creative Anachronism. It is an international living history group with the aim of studying and recreating mainly Medieval European cultures and their histories before the 17th century. They have armored combat but with rattan weapons, not "live steel". Elrik Blackhaven was my SCA name while I was a member.