• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

New around here

Mytherea

Minstrel
Hello, everyone. I stumbled across Mythic Scribes a few weeks ago and have been lurking about, reading threads and following discussions. This seems like an active community talking about the kind of stuff I enjoy--fantasy and world-building (and there's that locked subforum with character interviews and such that I'm looking forward to taking a look at later).

'Bout me, I mostly write fantasy and urban fantasy, and a little smattering of science fiction and horror and pretty much everything I touch turns into a murder-mystery for some reason. I write everything from flash fiction to novels (though I usually write big; I'm working on training myself to write to a word count constraint), but I'm awful at poetry. Erm. Not sure what else to say. Uh. Oh, thought I was going to be an illustrator for most of my childhood/teenagerdom, then discovered in high school that words are much easier to string together than sequential art and I can get lost in the details as much as I wish for a fraction of the time commitment.

So yeah. Hello! :wavespin:

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met Mytherea
De-Lurkers welcome one and all!
Leap in and make yourself at home.
I've always wanted to write a fantasy based murder-mystery...
Agatha Christie meets Terry Pratchett meets Raymond Chandler.

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
Welcome to the forum! we have a lot of fun around here, and definitely have something for everyone. hope you make yourself comfortable and jump into some conversations. Or feel free to ask some questions of your own in the Writing Questions or Research sections. Or just talk about stuff on your mind in Chit Chat.

We're a friendly and open community, and are always glad to help someone out and lend a hand.