• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hi everyone!

Aeryn

Dreamer
Hi everyone!
I was searching tips and tricks on how to create prophecies on google and stumbled upon this site by accident. After looking a bit in to it, I decided to join the forum, so here I am!

I am Yara, 25 years old and have a passion for horses (well, more like Shetland ponies). I have my own lovely Shetland pony and am a groom to 4 other lovely Shetland ponies :)

I love detective series, such as Midsomer Murders. Frost, Sherlock Holmes (with Benedict Cumberbatch) and so on.
When it comes to writing and reading I am more of the fantasy type! That's how I came here :) . At the moment I am in the middle of writing a fanfiction, but also am in the process of brainstorming an original fantasy.

The fantasy story is one I've been wanting to write for many, many years now and finally am able (and confident enough) to do it! Unfortunately my beta-reader is on a long break and as I need some help with the plot, I for sure hope to find it here :)

Well, that's me! Feel free to ask any questions! And am looking forward to a great time here!

Please note that I'm Dutch! Dutch is my first language, English isn't but I love the language! Learned the basics at school and taufht the rest myself (with help from beta's here and there :) )
Therefore, I'm already sorry for any grammar mistake I'll make in the future! I do try my best to write as spotless as I can!

Kind regards,
Yara

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met Aeryn [aka Yara]
Good to have you here.
But I have to say...
Shetland Ponies!!!
About once a month I walk past a paddock full of them. They always seem to be having fun [if I can tell] and are glad to see walkers.
Your command of English is probably better than mine and it is my first and only language.
Leap in and enjoy the forum.

Aeryn

Dreamer
Thank you both so much for your warm welcome! I can already tell this is a forum to my heart! Have already started some reading through the topics/threads here and already learned new things I didn't know off!

If any of you know a good thread about how to write emotions better or how to describe a scene at it's best, please let me know! Describing things is my weakness and it's something I would like to get better with.

CupofJoe: Yes! They are quite the little jokers from time to time :D ! But that's what makes them so lovely :D My own pony, as example, doesn't like it when we do small tricks. He then looks at me like: "Really boss, do we have to do that? It's beyond my status!" He thinks of himself as very big and proud and wants to be treated that way :D ! He is from the bigger tricks and likes to use his head.

Oh well, I could hold a whole dialogue about why they are so awesome, but ehm... It's still a fantasy forum! It's so lovely though that you get to pass them once a month! They are truly amazing!

Thank you both so much for your warm welcome! I can already tell this is a forum to my heart! Have already started some reading through the topics/threads here and already learned new things I didn't know off!

If any of you know a good thread about how to write emotions better or how to describe a scene at it's best, please let me know! Describing things is my weakness and it's something I would like to get better with.

CupofJoe: Yes! They are quite the little jokers from time to time :D ! But that's what makes them so lovely :D My own pony, as example, doesn't like it when we do small tricks. He then looks at me like: "Really boss, do we have to do that? It's beyond my status!" He thinks of himself as very big and proud and wants to be treated that way :D ! He is from the bigger tricks and likes to use his head.

Oh well, I could hold a whole dialogue about why they are so awesome, but ehm... It's still a fantasy forum! It's so lovely though that you get to pass them once a month! They are truly amazing!

You can start your own threads about anything and we will be happy to help :)

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
Everything about shetlands speaks to attitude, even ina herd of much larger horses, heh heh. Welcome to the forums.

Also, as far as suggestions on description and emotion, it's probably best to put some exmple down in the Showcase so we really know what you're talking about.

Last edited: