• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Newbie here, Hi!

Seraphic

hi,
I'm Daniel. I've been reading fantasy novels from since I learned how to read.
I've been meaning to write my own novels for some time now.
English is not my first language (from Ghana, somewhere west of Africa) and although we have an English-medium education system, I struggle with putting my thoughts on paper (I’ve written some of my ideas as poems).
I recently started writing down some ideas and scenes and was searching the net for descriptions of medieval marketplace, towns and cities when I stumbled upon this site. I hope to cultivate my writing skills to a comfortable degree before I start my MSc in September…MSc in Computer Engineering, nothing to do with English or literature, unfortunately.

Aryth

Minstrel
Hi Daniel! I'm new too and just starting out as a writer as well! I've also loved fantasy novels for a long time and have wanted to write for a while now. Like you I'm also working on my creative writing skills and realize that it's going to be a long process. One website that I found recently that has been helping me is Life Write Thrive by editor and author C.S. Lakin. I'm going through her posts on the 12 Pillars of Novel Constructions and have found them helpful so far!

Best of luck!

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met Seraphic [aka Daniel]
English is my first [and only] language and I have trouble getting my ideas down on paper all the same :p
I hope you find Mythic Scribes as useful and supportive as I do, and good luck with the MSc!

Seraphic

Thank you, Aryth. Since I joined, just yesterday, I've been introduced to so many writing resources and tools that I never knew was out there. I'm really glad I stumbled upon mythicscribes.

Ronald T.

Troubadour
Welcome to Mythic Scribes, Seraphic. I hope you enjoy this site and it's various members as much as I do. All my best to you and yours.