• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hi, I'm KD!

kdl121

Dreamer
Hi everyone! My name is Kaitlyn, but you can also call me Katie or KD, I answer to everything :)

I love to write, but I have two major problems with my writing. First, I don't know what to write about ... what I mean is, I have so many random ideas that I'm not sure which one to start with! Sometimes when I try combining a couple ideas, it starts to sound like a silly idea. This brings me to my second problem: confidence. I've been writing off-and-on since middle school, and I'm now 23 (so ten years), but I spent the first seven years destroying all evidence of an idea or story (haven't successfully made it past Chapter 3) if I thought it wasn't good enough. The last three years I've now started saving every idea, because I found I would remember bits of past ideas and I curse myself for not saving stuff.

Anyways, I'm a pretty open and honest person, so if you have any questions about me, I'd be happy to answer them :)

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met kdl121 [aka KD aka Kaitlyn]
Good to have you here.
For me, saving everything is a good thing. You never know when that glimmer of an idea you had a year [or three] ago will start another and another and...
Hope you find Mythic Scribes as helpful and supportive as I do.

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
Welcome KD.

Save all ideas, you never know which will click best.

Pantser or plotter or hybrid? Finding the road that fits you is often the road to finished work.

kdl121

Dreamer
Thank you for the welcomes <3

Demesnedenoir, I'd definitely say I'm a plotter, and it's one of my downfalls ... sometimes I over-plan, which causes me to doubt my ideas (they reach a point where they seem overcomplicated). I've gotten better with that though, I have been saving my ideas and instead of nixing everything I just make tweaks. I can't see myself as a pantser, so plotter for life :) lol

Quick personal observation from a newbie: I already need to do some google searches for terms that are completely unfamiliar to me. First stop: "Pantser".

Yes, seat of your pants. Also called discovery writing, where you start with the general nuggets like characters and setting and maybe basic plot and theme, then "discover" your way through it as you write.

@KD: Save everything! You never know when the breakthrough for a current project might come from cannibalizing previous projects. I've just recently had some eureka moments like that, myself.