• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

First Post

Hello everyone,
I'm worldbuilding for pleasure and hobby. I'm currently working on a world centered around a half elf. The world climate and ecology is loosely based on Seattle (think wet and alive), there are other races including "folk" (standard human), elves, naga, and mermaid. I've made a map and character sketches, but now I need my character's origin story, history, and the plot.
Thanks!

Saigonnus

Auror
Welcome to the Scribes! There are many other world-builders here (counting myself), so there will be many opportunities to get help, feedback or help others in your areas of expertise. Feel free to browse the library of topics and chime in wherever you wish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met GypsyTraveller
Good to have you here.
Ah... The Story. That can be the tricky bit.:p
World building is my downfall. I love doing so forget to write the story...:rolleyes:
As Saigonnus says, there is a lot around here [people, discussions etc] that can help give you a nudge in the right direction.

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
Welcome, GypsyTraveller. You will find lots of resources and helpful people here. Do you have a name for your character? Description? S/he is half-elf, right? What's the other half? :)