• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello. A lurker has come out of the shadows.

Sherryl.Ollamha

Thanks for granting me permission to join up. I look forward to learning more from my fellow fantasy writers.

My very first "serious" story was typed on an ancient Underwood typewriter with a blue ink ribbon. And yes, the prose was purple. I've improved a wee bit since then, although most of my writing efforts as an adult have been work related: writing computer software manuals, writing columns for a group of small (and sadly, now defunct) newspapers, and writing business reports. So, I have a lot to learn about telling stories beyond how to string words together in a grammatically correct fashion.

I'm looking forward to interacting with y'all :).

Ollamha

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met Sherryl.Ollamha
You needed permission?!?!
Storm the barricades and break down the gates!!!
Anyway...
Good to have you here.
Nothing wrong with a typewriter. I have one myself, but I will admit to using t-e-c-h-n-o-l-o-g-y one in a while.
Pull up a seat and enjoy the floor show.
Hope you find Mythic Scribes as helpful and supportive as I do.

Hi, Ollamha, glad to see you are coming into the light. :)

I remember typing on an Underwood typewriter with an ink ribbon. It's such a different world now.

I'm finding that writing fiction is much different than writing computer software manuals, which I've also done and still do on occasion.

As you've noticed if you've lurked for long, writers here run the gamut from hobbyist to professional, but we all like giving our opinions and hearing the opinions of others, so welcome to the mix!

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
Mine was a Royal. Wrote my Master's thesis on it (1979). The experience was so joyful I vowed never to do that again. Wrote the dissertation on a TRS-80 Model III with Superscripsit. With *two* 160k diskette drives! It was heaven.

Welcome to the Scribes. Best place on the Net for writers of fantasy. I encourage you to do a few searches and read old threads. There's a gold mine of advice and anecdote here.