• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hi. :)

Lisselle

Minstrel
Hi, thank you for welcoming me. I have already posted here, yet it did not seem to work, so if this doubles up, I'm so sorry, and please delete one of the posts!

I finished my Trilogy two nights ago, it's been eight very exhausting years. I write every day, and sacrifice sleep to follow my Siren's call. I also have a family and work. I paint, draw, make maps and have created three languages. My obsession has always been JRR Tolkien, and I collect limited edition copies of the Lord of the Rings.

I play Warcraft when I'm not writing, which is not much.

Tomorrow I am beginning a (hopefully) final re-read, re-write and re-edit of my three books. Each book is over 170k words, so I'll be cutting any left over superfluous adjectives and adverbs, and making sure everything flows cohesively.

Thanks for the invite, I have not had any contact with other writers because I'm fairly introverted and asocial. :)

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met Lisselle
Good to have you here.
Half a mil words? :eek:
Finishing any story is a big deal. Finished three? If I had a hat I'd take it off to you.
While I'll admit to three copies of LotR, I do have 7 versions of The Hobbit so I can understand the interest.
Good luck with the re-everything.
May the road rise up to meet your feet.

Saigonnus

Auror
Welcome to the scribes! Good to have such an accomplished writer in our midst. Don't be afraid to give what knowledge you possess or look for things that perhaps you're needing help with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lisselle

Minstrel
Hi, and thanks. :)
I truly doubt I'm an accomplished writer, I felt nervous when I saw you'd written such a thing. I write and rewrite, and my books are better than the first draft I churned out 8 years ago, however I am hoping to find courage to post some of my writing here and receive criticism and feedback. I think I'm ready!
It's strange, when I finished my first draft 8 years ago I was filled with ego and pride, and I truly thought it was publisher-ready. Now I can barely look at it! Lol. It's dreadful, and 8 years of OCD polishing, grammar nit picking and writing research later I know enough to see my work will never be good enough. I long for the innocent self confidence I once had.
I've been loving these forums, so much scope for personal development. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Saigonnus

Auror
More accomplished then myself. [emoji854] I have finished a couple of short stories, but that's it, so accomplished is relative in my case. Don't let that discourage you, you should be proud that you have finished not just one book, but a trilogy.

I think many would appreciate you posting your work for critique, it may be better than you think. As for good enough, you must be like me in the fact that you're never satisfied... a perfectionist. I think it's a fairly common affliction among writers and other artistic types. Anyway, good to have you here and I look forward to seeing your work.

I happen to know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.