• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello from a fellow writer

Xonok

Today I was distressed that so few people share my interests and those that do are often busy. "I need an assistant" I thought to myself, "someone that I could talk endlessly about worldbuilding with."
Thus I googled "worldbuilding forum" and landed here.

Ever since I was small I liked to draw stuff. I ended up thinking about the backstories for what I was writing about and before I even realized, I was writing stories that did not entirely suck. Right now I have a 28-page medieval fantasy story going on, yet the stuff I write most often is actually the background for sci-fi stories.

So yeah, I want to give this forum a try. Any ideas?

Xonok

Now that I look at it, I can't find an edit button. Does it not exist? How is the policy regarding multi-posting here?

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met Xonok
Good to have you here
Leap in and don't worry about the goldfish nibbling your toes... They rarely draw blood.
There is an edit post button, somewhere at the bottom of the post [once you've posted] and I know that it is time limited but that is about all. Some things kick in after a certain number of posts, but I can't think why that would be one of them.
This place is fairly relaxed about most things if it helps the discussions that are going on.
Mythic Scribes is is a great place to learn, share, elucidate or just waste sometime...

Last edited:
Welcome!

If you are using a tablet or phone you may have to go onto a computer or log in on the site from the internet straight and go to this specific forum from there. I cannot use any editing tools from the app. Multi-posting is avoided if possible, it keeps threads clean and organized, it also keeps you from having to skip around to read responses.

CupofJoe is just pulling your leg, the goldfish don't really bite, it's the guppies you have to look out for, those things are viscous!

Reaver

Staff
Now that I look at it, I can't find an edit button. Does it not exist? How is the policy regarding multi-posting here?

Hello Xonok. Welcome to Mythic Scribes and thanks for joining. Once you make a post, you have five minutes to edit or delete it. After five minutes, only a Moderator can do that.