• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

From the shadows...

Khryses

Acolyte
A wandering writer appears!

I've written a few stories in the past, and spent a number of years wandering through the wonderful world of roleplay. Steadily shrinking time to commit to storylines meaty enough to intrigue me (and, honestly, ones my characters meshed well with) led me here where I can hopefully develop my wordcraft and get past my writing bane - introductions! :eek:

I enjoy worldbuilding for its own sake, and have a couple I've sketched out over the years.

I am an avid reader and love the different forms of fantasy, particularly those that imagine existing mythologies in new ways or break new ground in other ways. And yes, steampunk counts. ;)

I look forward to meeting you all!

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met Khryses of Australia
Good to have you here.
No one likes doing the introductions [so of course that is why we want you to do them...;)]
Leap on in and enjoy the Greatest Show on Earth [or Mythic Scribes, if you prefer].
oh... and I like the pocket watch!

Khryses

Acolyte
Hail, CupofJoe of Surrey!

Ah, so you could tell how massively awkward I was while writing that? ;)

I meant the start of stories (in the middle of the action is much easier to write, I find) but this is also true for introducing myself. I'm just me - the rest is details. But glad to be here.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Introductions are always an ordeal.
Hi. my names is X and I am a fantasy writer...
If you haven't already, have a nosey down some of the older threads. There is some interesting and also slightly strange [for anyone other than fantasy writers] to be uncovered.

Khryses

Acolyte
Right back atcha Rkcapps!

It's been a bit of a Week, but thanks to Her Majesty we have a long weekend to work with so I'll make sure I spend at least some of it learning my way around the site.

I may even write!

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Right back atcha Rkcapps!

It's been a bit of a Week, but thanks to Her Majesty we have a long weekend to work with so I'll make sure I spend at least some of it learning my way around the site.

I may even write!
Is that because of her birthday?
:(WE DON'T GET THE DAY OFF AND SHE LIVES HERE!!!!:(

Khryses

Acolyte
Is that because of her birthday?
:(WE DON'T GET THE DAY OFF AND SHE LIVES HERE!!!!:(

It is indeed!

And it's not our fault if you 'orrible lot aren't as patriotic :wavespin:

(We Aussies get incredibly patriotic when a public holiday is involved)

kikyo

Dreamer
I see you are an avid reader of fantasy, but what kind of stories do you like to write? I'm a fantasy writer so if you ever want to exchange notes, let me know!
xoxo