• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Greetings!

SMAndy85

Minstrel
Hi guys,

I hail from the UK, and enjoy writing, but I've never got as far as actually finishing a story. I tried once, got to about 25k words before I hit an insurmountable block, in that I knew where I wanted the story to go, but I couldn't get it there without forcing it, and that would ruin the feel, so I gave up and deleted it. I didn't want to just delete some back to a point and rewrite, nor did I want to restart while still having access to the original.

Now, I'm working on a world that I can use for both a story, and for a game, since I am also a roleplayer.

I hope to be able to help some of you with your ideas, and to have help with mine! I've already posted a thread to discuss an aspect of my world, so have at it!

Cheers.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met SMAndy from the UK.
Good to have you here.
Leap on in and enjoy.
There are a lot of interesting things and some wonderful people to be discovered within the Halls of Mythic Scribes.

SMAndy85

Minstrel
Is there any commonality with how long it takes for posts to be moderated before they go on the forum? I've posted a few times, the first couple haven't shown up yet, but the latest few have.

Rkcapps

Sage
Not long, I just anticipate forum moderators are on a US time zone (correct me if wrong, moderators) and someone needs to be up. I could be wrong, they may have a program. But welcome aboard. Have fun exploring :)

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Don't know too much about that. I think things are post-moderated [so you can post and then if someone complains or if a Mod sees something, then there is Mod-activity]. One of the Mods will leap in if I have that wrong.
I think posts should appear almost instantly. I don't know if there are any naughty word filters and the like that may stop a post from appearing... Never tried to be too sweary to find that out. This is a remarkably laid back and friendly place in most respects.
If you wanted to post a question/issue in a new thread, you could try making it again, just in case the site was having a fit at the time you first posted.

SMAndy85

Minstrel
Ahha. replies to existing threads are instant. New threads require admin approval, meaning they may not show up for a while. I may annoy a moderator by creating two threads now. If any admin sees this, please note: I posted the same new thread up twice, because the message about it not showing up disappeared too quickly first time.