• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello World!

Spark

Hello, everyone!

I made my account a few days ago but just now had a chance to post an introduction. To begin, Ive always been a fan of sci-fi/fantasy, and strange worlds of steampunk and Lovecraft. I'm an avid movie goer and I love the TV shows Game of Thrones and Rick and Morty right now. I, unfortunately, don't read as much as I should but Ive been looking into audiobooks to slowly change that.

In all fairness though, I came here to get some advice and maybe a little help on a matter that Ive had an issue with for a while now. As you might be guessing it's a worldbuilding problem and you'd be correct. Since my old vanilla Minecraft days back in high school Ive been building upon this world that has been getting "close" to completion. Don't get confused, there is still a ton of work that needs to be done with it. Primarily the really small details but it's close to becoming a world where I could potentially pick a point on the timeline and, with the basic information available to me, be able to start adding in characters and begin writing a story.

It's all very exciting to think about, which makes me glad that I found this site full of Worldbuilders and storytellers to learn from. I'm eager to start discussing and learning, and I hope we can make some fantastic headway in all of our stories with each other's help! Hope this wasn't too long and have a nice day or night!

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met Spark of California
Good to have you here.
There is a good bit of information that can be mined from previous threads but don't be afraid to leap in.
Hope you enjoy MS.