• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Greetings from the Windswept Plains

RogueAngel

Hello, all! RogueAngel here. I'm a daydreaming twenty-something unfortunately trapped in a forty-something's body. But you're only as old as you feel, right?

I've been writing in some form since I was just a little girl. Trouble is, most of the writing now only happens in my head when my overactive imagination is chattering away about people in another realm while I'm supposed to be doing something in the real world. They're having conversations and going places and I don't have anything to write with. Typical really. I'm a compulsive pen buyer, but do you think I can find one when it counts? I finally installed a couple of apps on my tablet that let me enter character sketches and do some world-building in my spare time. God bless technology.

So what brings me here? My best friend, Lisa. I felt ready to start writing again - my fingers were "itchy" - but I needed a push. Something to send me off in a direction. So I asked her, "If I was going to tell you a story, what would you want it to be about?" She pondered for a moment then looked at me and said definitively, "Fairies." That was it. She's made me wrestle out everything else, the wretch. I can run things by her - I had to clear whether or not the fairies had wings, for one. Thankfully, she allowed for no wings (it's better for me logistically; you'll see later) provided I have some token winged ones somewhere - but I'm telling her the story, not the other way around.

Since Lisa is being almost no help, I hope to find encouragement and wisdom here among you fine folks. I've never attempted something this detailed, not to mention long. And it's been a very long time since I tried to lasso the rapid fire montage of conversations and visuals in my mind and force them into a written form. It's a little daunting. But this feels like the kind of place that will remind me that they're ideas, not piranhas. They won't eat me if I grab them. You will remind me of that, right?

Okay, I've yammered long enough. Now you know me. I'm verbose and neurotic. Welcome to my weirdness. It's lovely to see you.

Reaver

Staff
Welcome to Mythic Scribes! Thanks for joining our community. I look forward to seeing your contributions in the forums.