• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Greetings Friends

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Welcome here, Petrichor! Why not tell us some fascinating bits about yourself while you're at it? :D

Petrichor

Acolyte
Thank you! Well, I like plants more than is probably considered healthy, I'm currently reading The Botany of Desire. I'm endlessly intrigued with the creative process of world building. Horror is my go to genre for almost everything, including plants! I'm a total nerd about reading and the occult. I learned how to write, initially, a long time ago on a web server since lost, the writing family I found on that forum shaped my ambition for creativity and polishing my writing skills. I've lived in a few countries and have a slew of tattoos as evidence of that. If I could retire from life to illustrate bestiaries as a sole substantial source of income I totally would. So, hopefully the pull of charming company will help me continue to dust the cob webs off of my writing skills.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met Petrichor of many places
Good to have you here
Plants and Horror?
Once I get passed Little Shop of Horrors and maybe Day of the Triffids, I kind of draw a blank :confused:
My lack of reading...
BTW Love the avatar! [but Whiskey tastes better in Coffee... IMHO...:p]

Holman

Minstrel
Welcome to the site Perichor,

I'm hoping there is no other beverage other than a single malt or a bourbon in that teacup. AS for the tattoos, are they plant inspired or place inspired, have a few pieces of artwork myself, but am currently too short of cash to add anymore. I currently have a Dali, a Van Gogh and an Escher, plus a couple of other that will be covered up with something more artistic when I get the cash together.

Petrichor

Acolyte
CupofJoe, I'll put together a list of some plant horror things for you to peruse at your leisure!

Holman, some things taste better out of porcelain and somethings are a must out of glass it's a tactile thing. I wouldn't say my tattoos are plant inspired, but nearly all of them have plants incorporated. I absolutely feel you about the craving for more and the current lack of funds with which to acquire them. Which Escher do you have, if you don't mind me asking?

Holman

Minstrel
I went with The Ribbon Head - in black and white with no background - down the middle of my back - got it done over twenty five years ago now and want to get some background put in to really make it pop. My right shoulder has Dali's melting clock from "The Persistence of Memory" which is blended into Van Goghs Starry Night on my upper right arm - a cover up of a terrible tribal tattoo a mate did when we were the little worse for wear.