• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello from over here

Phyphor

Acolyte
Just joined and thought I'd better say 'hello'.

I read all sorts of stuff, but SF/F is my 'fall back' genre and has been since I was a kid (I'm mid-forties now). I'm not an experienced writer (wrote my first word of fiction in 2016), but am already addicted to it. I'm a semi-retired English geologist living in rural Norfolk, UK.

I've only got about a dozen short stories under my belt, and most of those are either mainstream or 'gentle science-fiction'. Looking forward to writing fantasy, though, and am hoping I can learn a few things from you kind folk! :)

Love to critique other's work, so I'm hoping there's a place for that here.

All the best

P.

Phyphor

Acolyte
P.s I see you're in Surrey. I lived in Surbiton for a few years (still have a flat there) - now living in North Norfolk, circa 1937. Were you close by in Surrey?

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Thanks CoJ - I'll try not to drive people mad with my mis-placed comma obsession ;)
Ah... to Oxford/Harvard comma or not...
As long as you don't misuse the apostrophe we will get along fine :p
Far SW of the County. Technically I live in Hampshire but am surround on three sides by the bloody place so I just gave in...

Last edited:

Phyphor

Acolyte
Ah well, it's not a bad county to be surrounded by. You should try living here - at 46, I think I'm the youngest person in the region by about thirty years. Although, that's kinda why I came here, for the peace and quiet :)