• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hi

traumallama

Acolyte
Hello there people of Mythic Scribes! My name is Bode and I am a writer and huge fan of fantasy. Allow me to give you some of my story and how I came to be a fantasy writer.

I was blown up by a pyrotechnic charge during a war reenactment that caused me to have a traumatic brain injury. To this day I still suffer with problems from both the injury itself as well as the post traumatic stress that went along with it. It has been a rough few years health wise but I am happy to say that I am still here, though I must admit I am very different from who I was before the accident happened.

For nearly three months after the accident, the doctors told me I couldn't watch television, play video games, or get on the computer. All I had to do was listen to audio books. So, I went to the local library and checked out the Lord of the Rings. It was then that my mind was opened to the endless possibilities of fantasy writing, reading and world building. I still remain grateful to JRR Tolkien for showing me that even though trauma from war (or in my case reenacting it) may change you, you can always use it as inspiration in a fantasy story! :D

And to this day I love writing and world building. The only problem that gets me down from time to time is a lack of people who are like minded and enjoy writing fantasy as much as I do. I love exchanging ideas and opinions, just as long as no one gets upset! That is why I am here. Hope I can help you along your journey to distant realms and thank you so much for letting me be here. Have a great weekend!

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met traumallama aka Bode
Good to have you here.
Well... That is a story!
Hope things are getting better for you.
And yes! anything and everything is inspiration.
You should find one or two [hundred!] people that love fantasy too.
Leap on in and enjoy
If you haven't heard it already the BBC adaptation of LotR is worth a listen. It 13 hours long!

traumallama

Acolyte
Thank you so much for the welcome cupofjoe! I tend to take it each day as it comes, just like everyone else does. I am looking forward to many good conversations. And that is a lot of people that share a common passion!
Alas I have not head the BBC adaptation. The one I listened to was by Rob Inglis. In fact I love it so much I got the set for Christmas.
I hope to see you in the forums. Have a good day!

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
Welcome to Mythic Scribes. Great tag name, btw. I think you will find this place pleasant, rewarding and challenging, rich in ideas and comradeship.

traumallama

Acolyte
Hi skip.knox! Yeah it kind of represents what I've been through. I used to call myself a "dramallama," which I got from Monty Python's Mexican Whooping Llama, which became the username. The creative train of thought never stops!