• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

If you like to have me, I´d love to stay!

Kisara

Acolyte
Nice to meet everyone

Well, first of all, I´m horribly bad in introducing myself, but I´ll give it a try. ;)

I´m 23years old and living in Germany right now simply because I can´t change it. Near Cologne I study asian languages and cultures, mixed with a little politics, a little economics and a little religious stuff. Despite I watch anime and read mangas, I fight hardly against being called an ”žAnime-Kid“.

My freetime is an interplay of writing fantasy, of reading a lot and of roleplaygaming. When there is a little time left, I practise japanese archery (yeah, you got me there) and european swordsplay or try to shoot my friends in a paintball-game. Mostly, I´m the one who ends up shot by team-members anyway.
If I don´t do all that fancy stuff, you can find me in front of my computer watching motorbike races — probably my biggest habbit. :p

Okay, now, that´s mostly me. Why am I here? Obviously, to find an english-speaking community. German may be my mother tongue, but it feels enormously strange to write a novel in German, if you always read them in English. Finally, I´d like to try and find out if I can still be a good writer in another language, probably even a better one.
The second reason is even a bit more delicate. As an author you may be happy to find someone who intends to publish your work. I don´t want it simply published. I don´t want to be one in a thousand who published one hundred books. If I ever do it, it want it to be big and I want to have the chance of winning the world with my stories. In my opinion, that´s completely impossible if you don´t work with a global language like English or Spanish. And well, my Spanish is nearly as good as my Mandarin (quiet bad!).
Why should anyone of you care? Good question. I may seem a little arrogant and ambitious. Ah, okay, true, probably I am. :rolleyes: Yes, I think, I´m a good writer. If that makes me arrogant, then that´s the way it is. But I am far away from perfect. I am far away from publishing something great. That´s why I hope you to care. I wish to learn, I wish to find friends who love doing what I do and to help others in every way possible. I hope to find people who are not afrait of criticising me or of been criticised. This community seems the right place to find a good atmosphere for working and learning with others. Writers spend so much time in front of a computer, then why should we limit ourselves to people speaking the same language in times like this? There is so much potential around the world and ideas beyond counting. That´s what I hope to become a part of.

So, now I wrote so much an probably things I shouldn´t have said. I´ll finish this post now and simply await your answers. If you want to have me around, I´d be glad. If you don´t, well I guess that´s my fault. :)

Jess A

Archmage
Greetings! A warm welcome to the forum :)

You have done a far better job of introducing yourself than I did. I am intrigued by your hobbies. Archery and swordplay! You will be at home on this forum, and your expertise on politics, religion, economics and culture will be most welcomed.

I hope that you enjoy your stay.