• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Book trailers

TAGallant

Scribe
I have a videographer/editor friend who has promised to help me with this. Looking forward to seeing what he comes up with. It helps to know people who have actual expertise....

TWErvin2

Auror
Book trailers can help bring interest to potential readers, but I haven't come across an author saying they have been a major factor in attracting readers.

Here are a couple examples where independent authors had trailers made. The first, I think is exceptional, the second is pretty good. The third, are two I did for my first fantasy novel, which I think are adequate.

1. Maker of Angels by Dean Sault

2. Outlaws by William O. Weldy

3. Flank Hawk (Book Trailer) and Flank Hawk (Audiobook Trailer) by Terry W. Ervin II

TAGallant

Scribe
Thanks, Terry. Obviously, the first one has some serious money invested in it. Well done. Honestly, I think both #1 and 2 are too long, though. I think your first one would have been better with narration, but I prefer its length to the others.

N. D. Wilson has some of the best trailers I've seen. E.g.:

Updated Trailer for Ashtown Burials: The Dragon's Tooth and The Drowned Vault by N. D. Wilson - YouTube

The Chestnut King by N. D. Wilson Trailer - YouTube

Outlaws of Time: The Legend of Sam Miracle | Teaser Trailer - YouTube

Of course, he's got plenty of budget for it.

TAGallant

Scribe
Well, here is what I ultimately ended up with. Pretty pleased, given that I am just getting my feet wet doing this sort of thing.

[video=youtube_share;I2sz5Y4ac2Y]https://youtu.be/I2sz5Y4ac2Y[/video]