• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Made some bookmarks to hand out

troynos

Minstrel
Have a signing at a local bookstore on August 6th and I wanted some marketing materials to hand out. Started brainstorming what I could do and came up with the idea of doing a bookmark.

I think they came out pretty good.

13770438_10210529569541819_9008318216842634459_n.jpg

Russ

Istar
Bookmarks are good. Business cards are handy as well as they fit easily into pockets or wallets etc.

I quite like yours and it is a riot to give out stuff like that.

It is pretty amazing the variety of cheap custom swag you can find out there if you search the inter web.

Please let us know how it turns out. My wife did her first book signing about 3 weeks ago (ARCs at an industry event) and it was an absolute riot.

troynos

Minstrel
Thanks. I'm looking forward to it. Little nervous as i have a hard time answering "what is the book about".

troynos

Minstrel
Not every fantasy story is an epic saga. In a world of magic, there is a new adventure around every corner. This is one such adventure. Minoda was a peaceful mining town until the skeletons came. Will even the help of the wandering Far Rider, Cullen Hawkfall, be enough to save the village?

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
For help in telling people what your story's about, search out our longline threads here, because they were pretty great at helping people distill their books down to 25 words--or about what an agent or editor wants to hear as a first pitch. :) best wishes!

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
The first two sentences read more like excuse or explanation. They certainly say nothing specific about your book. The last two sentences are spot on, though. Those two alone would be enough to make me pick up the book or read the sample pages. Also, they come to only 27 words, so double win!

KBA

Dreamer
The last two sentences of your quick description really drew me in. I like the bookmarks, also. Personally I prefer to get bookmarks than business cards because I actually use them and I don't get them as often. I'm inundated with other people's business cards and usually end up guiltily throwing them away. True, I could use business cards for bookmarks. But I don't.