• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Book Bub and others

MAndreas

Troubadour
Hi folks-

De-lurking to ask for feedback from those of you who are actively flinging your books out there (aka they are for sale, and you're marketing them ;)).

I have five books out so far--the first four in a six book fantasy series, and the first book in a space opera trilogy. I've used various book sites (readers sign up to find free or discounted ebooks) and am actually having my first Book Bub (If you haven't heard of them--they are the holy Grail of the group). Some of the others I have been trying are: Bargain Booksy, Riffle, Ereader News Today, Fussy Librarian--all have been okay--not awesome, but got back my ROI and a few new readers. At the end of May I'm also trying Book Barbarian and will be running Book Sends right around my Book Bub.

Sooooooooooooo- are there any I've missed? It's getting close to the Book Bub ad date (May 9th) and ideally having other venues at the same time helps.

I love writing- HATE this marketing stuff :(.:mad:

Last edited:

Russ

Istar
I have got a huge list of these sorts of things at home. I am giving some of them a try for my wife's book for her upcoming day as Kindle deal of the day. Will try to get you any I used that you have missed in the next few days.

We got the list from a very successful indy writer.

Personally I really enjoy the marketing side.

Do you want .co.uk serives or just .com?

MAndreas

Troubadour
Your wife is very lucky to have someone who loves marketing--it makes my teeth ache. How did she get in as a Kindle Deal of the Day? That is awesome!

I would love UK ones as well- I am seriously trying to get into the UK market :).

Thank you!

neodoering

Minstrel
MAndreas;
Have you ever tried a service called Books Butterfly? There is some chatter on the internet about it, and it looks legitimate. Put out a book for $.99, and they will bring traffic to look at your book. I haven't tried it yet, but I am curious. Of course they say they work very well, but I am wondering if there are people on MS who care to share their own experiences?

MAndreas

Troubadour
I have heard of Books Butterfly, and I've heard mixed results. They seem to be more of a package deal rather than the ones like Bargain Booksey, Book Barbarian, and Book Bub. I'd be interested to know if anyone here has tried them as well! :).

MAndreas

Troubadour
Update: My free book on Book Bub ran today. So far I'm just under 30,000 downloads (29,906 ;)). I am #1 for free fantasy ebooks, #2 for ALL free ebooks, and the other three books in the series are all within the top 30 paid books for humorous fantasy. If you're published- GET A BOOK BUB featured author! They are hard to get but just keep trying- this is seriously worth it!