• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

JuNoWriMo

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Anyone heard of JuNoWriMo? I guess it's NaNoWriMo during June run by different people? Anyway, could be a chance to start a new project (or an excuse to) or help reboot a floundering one. I've been editing primarily as of late, so I'd love to use June to both edit and maybe work on another project (probably my novel codenamed "Tiny Notebook Novel." I write it on a memo pad I keep with me, so it would be fun to try to write a whole novel in a month only on memo pads. Hmm...

Anyway, here's the link: JuNoWriMo | just write.

Ruby

Auror
Anyone heard of JuNoWriMo? I guess it's NaNoWriMo during June run by different people? Anyway, could be a chance to start a new project (or an excuse to) or help reboot a floundering one. I've been editing primarily as of late, so I'd love to use June to both edit and maybe work on another project (probably my novel codenamed "Tiny Notebook Novel." I write it on a memo pad I keep with me, so it would be fun to try to write a whole novel in a month only on memo pads. Hmm...

Anyway, here's the link: JuNoWriMo | just write.

Hi Philip,
Thanks for posting this. I've just registered. I'm planning to do the NaNoWriMo CampNano in July, but it can't harm to have another incentive to do some writing. Have you registered, too? There's only 3 hours left before the 1st June, if anyone else wants to join- better do it NOW! :eek:

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
I joined up, but I'm not really doing it with any sort of goal or anything. I've been pantsing a novel in my notebook and I want to just keep doing that, only try doing it every day for 20-30 minutes a day in addition to the editing I'm already doing. I find not giving myself too much pressure make it so I don't have a break down in the middle of these challenges. Best to just give it a try and if I make 50,000, cool. It's going to be hard to count all those words in notebooks, but I'll probably copy everything to Scrivener when I finish anyway.

C

Chessie

I'm considering giving this a try. I have barely written anything in the past month, so this would be a good push.

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
I'm treating it as a "fun month." I'm just writing whatever comes to mind and not too much worrying if it's good or not. I may not even do anything with it. So far my effort has turned out pretty decent, so there may be something to pantsing some novels and planning others. I'm not anti-pantsing, but I tend to lean towards not doing so because my efforts have always kind of crapped out halfway. We'll see what happens though. Right now I have the following:

1. My main project I'm editing.
2. This "notebook novel" I'm doing for JuNoWriMo (which I actually started last month just for fun on the train/bus).
3. A novel I snowflaked that's just sitting there waiting for me to do something with it.

C

Chessie

I started writing a random story for this month. It started with a sentence in my head and a character from another story. I like coming to it without any idea of what's going to happen next. I know the characters well, so that helps. Anyway, I'm curious to see what this project will end up looking like at the end of the month. Good luck to everyone!

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
I'm having fun with mine so far. I'm only getting about 200-400 words a day, but for this one I prefer having fun with it rather than cramming lots of writing in each day to make some quota. Since I'm editing my main WIP, I don't want to completely sidetrack myself.

Aspasia

Sage
Finally I'm freeee! I wasn't planning on doing a NaNo this month but I'll try to do a half-June/half-July thing (my schedule and nano don't like to work out :D). I'm planning on starting tomorrow and trying to write at least 750 words a day. No idea what I'll write on, we'll see!