• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

NaNoWriMo 2015 Thread

Addison

Auror
After BWFoster's post at the end of the 2014 thread I thought someone else would be doing this or the 2015 would just extend off the 2014. Apparently not so, ta-da!

Here we have the thread to post our word count (or word dumps as some called it in last year's thread), any distractions, procrastinations, competing, and any other troubles you have in the pre-NaNo or NaNo time.

For example, the synopsis is killing me! Someone remind me, as I last participated 2013, is the synopsis for the whole story or is it just like the inside cover flap covering the who, what, where and why they should care?

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
Addi, I tend to use our blurb in the place of a proper synopsis, so I think you can go either way, especially if you don't have your full story conceptualized, yet.

I'm participating this year as a rebel and trying to finish our WIP. I'm A. E. Lowan on the NaNo site.

Gryphos

Auror
I've decided I'll be taking part this year, having chosen one of my far too many planned but unwritten stories to crack out. I'm M. L. Vitelli on the NaNo site.

Fluffypoodel

Inkling
I'll be starting my third novel this November. I've got a really good feeling about it so we'll see where the road takes me. I'm Fluffypoodel as well on the Nano site.

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
For example, the synopsis is killing me! Someone remind me, as I last participated 2013, is the synopsis for the whole story or is it just like the inside cover flap covering the who, what, where and why they should care?

None of my synopsis's have been more than three sentences, just enough to give a bare idea of the story.

I intend to resume work on my project from last Novembers NaNoWriMo - 'Labyrinth: Seed.' Only made it about 10,000 words into it before my muse collapsed from exhaustion. For that matter, I have yet to write more than 16,000 during any NaNoWriMo. The July one I managed a mere 11,000 words, though I plead being overwhelmed with real world issues.

I am 'Thinker102' on NaNoWriMo.

Jophelerx

Dreamer
I think I'll be trying to do this this year, continuing the novel I've been working on for awhile. I dunno if I'll be able to put out 50k words, but it should help motivate me to get back into it. Looking forward to it! I just made a profile on the NaNoWriMo site under the same username.

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
I can't get the search on the NaNo site to work for me, so I'm just going to link myself here. Please feel free to add me as a writing buddy, of anyone is so inclined.

A. E. Lowan

Tom

Istar
I'm in! I'm M Schiller over there--you're welcome to add me if you want.

This November, I swear I'm going to finish Southerner. I'm really excited about it; all I need is a boost to get me to the finish line!

I'm either going to be doing a Steampunk Jules Verne inspired story, or a fantasy revolving around my Cat Mage. Feel free to add me on the NaNo website; I can use all the writing buddies I can get.

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
I'm anihow. I'm not running a cabin this time, because I'm starting a new career and it's pretty demanding, but I'm going to write. I'm rewriting my 7th novel, one i hope to get whipped into shape and begin submitting in the spring.

teacup

Auror
Teacup was taken so I'm c(_). I didn't think it would be accepted, but it was ._.
I'll be writing a separate story set in the same world as my wip. This will be the first nanowrimo I've attempted.

Addison

Auror
To reach the 50K I'm not sure whether or not to outline. I'm usually a pantser but the writing then comes in word chunks. So many one day, more the next, less the day after and so forth. Some of the time is spent deleting words I've written because they don't add anything or propel the story. So, outlining it will be, for a bit anyway. Never done it BEFORE writing so this will be interesting. There's a lot of way to outline.....oh boy, good thing I'm preparing early.

BWFoster78

Myth Weaver
I'm anihow. I'm not running a cabin this time, because I'm starting a new career and it's pretty demanding, but I'm going to write. I'm rewriting my 7th novel, one i hope to get whipped into shape and begin submitting in the spring.

Is anyone planning on running a cabin? What exactly is involved in doing so?

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
I'm ElkInHeadlights. I won't be writing, but I'll be editing until the pages catch fire.

I'm not sure what's involved in running a cabin, BWFoster78. But I'd be glad to help!

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
Is anyone planning on running a cabin? What exactly is involved in doing so?

Not sure in the November NaNoWriMo has cabins - that might be a camp thing. April Camp, I ended up in a cabin by myself because the Mythic Scribes cabin ran out of bunk space.

Mostly a matter of using the NaNoWriMo search function to find people and offering invites.

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
I'm ElkInHeadlights. I won't be writing, but I'll be editing until the pages catch fire.

Editing is what I'm doing now. Trying to feed one chapter a night fed through Grammarly and ProWriting Aid, along with nixing little plot bugs. Don't always succeed. (one 5100 word chapter took three days and lost a thousand words.) But after this weekend, I stop editing (should be done anyhow) and start outlining.

C

Chessie

I'm curlytiwi on the NaNo site. This year, I'll be writing a mixture of things: a werewolf novelette and two cozy mystery novellas on the short end of the novella spectrum. Together it's all 50k. Not sure how this is gonna go with my ghosting too...ugh.