• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

2016 July Camp NaNo

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
If you got a project lined up for 2016 July Camp NaNo, then post here and let the rest of us know what it is.

I figure this thread might be a good substitute for a cabin.

My project:

'Empire: Spiral,' fifth novella/short novel in the Empire series. Most of the MC's from the preceding tales find themselves trapped in a bizarre city on an alien planet ruled by an entity termed the 'Devourer.' Worse, they're infected.

I'm calling it 35,000 words, though that's just a guess. Given that this is the busy time of year, I'll probably be lucky to wrap it up by Labor Day.

Last edited:

Fluffypoodel

Inkling
I'll be attempting to finish off Into the Storm the second book in the series I'm working on. In a world being torn apart by civil war can our hero find redemption in what he has done before the world collapses around him?

Not sure how long it will be. I have two character perspectives to write which have been averaging about 50k each but i'm anticipating these to be shorter, somewhere around the 30-35k mark each. Last year in July I wrote over a 100k. I don't think i'll get that this year but I'm shooting for as close to it as I can.

Good luck!

Ireth

Myth Weaver
I should do this... maybe it'll be the impetus I need to finish off the last couple chapters of my main WIP. Chapter 19 has been in limbo for months now. :/ The main conflict is resolved, but there are loose ends that need tying up.

C

Chessie

Do it, Ireth! Hey, btw you should totally check out the Tairen Soul series. I've been thinking of your Fae story while reading this series and you might like it. :D

I'm definitely doing this. No clue how because we have family staying with us for several weeks. However, I'll find the time and do it. I'll be starting a new project Lady Of Woven Shadows and my goal is a measly 1600 words per day so hopefully I can pull this off.

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Oooh, I've never heard of that series. I'll have to keep an eye out for it! Who's it by?

C

Chessie

It's by C.L. Wilson and it's amazing. The main romance is between a Fae lord and a human. You would love it, of this I'm sure!

Dren

Scribe
I think I'm gonna really hunker down on a story idea I'm calling Champion of Death, about a group of people who are chosen by the god of the dead to act as champions for corrupted gods. It'll mainly follow four out of seven, the youngest who have only recently 'Awoken'.

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
friend me for your cabins! I'm anihow out in nanoland! I forgot about camp, but i might as well sign up, because I'm writing, so...the words might as well be recorded. Let's do another scribes cabin!

C

Chessie

I want an invite to your private party, Maiden! <3

Could you add me, please? I'm curlytiwi there. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
Ha! I sent you an invite already, you're one of the few names I remember because it's the same on both sites. Everyone else, please begin a work for camp before you leave me your name, otherwise, I can't invite you because you aren't yet "participating"

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
sure thing. Hey guys, I'm actually here today, but I haven't been around lately. If you could do me a favor and "thank" the post where I said I was making a cabin, it'll help me make sure I see that someone wants an invitation. Sorry I'm sort of distracted, but I'll try to get everyone.

I ended up joining another cabin cause I didn't know if we'd have a scribes cabin.

Oh well.

In any case I'm aiming to write another 50 000 words on "In the black: The Gambit box" The story I was working on in May. After a month of not working on it I realized the story was too straight forward to be a real 'who done it?' mystery. So I outlined a whole other section for the story with a good red herring. I hope I can get it done this time.

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
You can quit a cabin at any time...like if you find out on day three that no one's even showed up to type a single word. The cabin door is still open. :)