Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Camp Nanowrimo 2017

Camp NaNoWriMo has a different structure to November NaNo. It's based on having a small group of fellow writers as a support system, like a writing group, with whom to interact in the cabin system, rather than a vast great forum where tens of thousands of people are interacting across numerous boards, like in November. To go along with that, you can set your own goal. The aim, as far as I can tell, is to have a low-pressure, more intimate environment. So it's more relaxed. Some people work better with high ambitions and surrounded by others all doing the same thing - and that's where the November challenge thrives. But others do better with more reachable goals and a comfortable circle of a few others giving mutual encouragement, and that's Camp's corner.

It's all free, though they have donation drives and a shop full of merchandise to pay for the staff and running costs.
    All experience is good experience, even if it's a bad experience.
    AliceLeiper.com

Is there still room? My nano name is also Mythopoet.
    I have been successful probably because I have always realized that I knew nothing about writing and have merely tried to tell an interesting story entertainingly. ~Edgar Rice Burroughs

Portfolio Entries
    Yes, still room. Gotcha, Mythopoet

A reminder to folks looking to join the cabin, please try to "thank" my original post about setting up a cabin (or PM me). It just makes sure that when I log into MS forums once in a while, that I see a red reminder at the top of my screen that lets me know someone needs my attention. I'm sorry I'm not here more, but I'm starting a new project and I've got a few personal demands of my time, and a health concern that is taking a lot out of me. I've been scarce here for months. I'll do my best to log in and try to scan this thread from time to time, but it's easier to just see the red reminder, whether it's from a "thank" or a PM.
    “Sometimes even the strongest of us reach a point where we begin to question our mettle.”

4. Thanks Chilari thanked for this post
    According to a message in Camp Mail from organisers, we can now have 20 people per cabin. At the moment we're on 7 so we've got loads of space.
    All experience is good experience, even if it's a bad experience.
    AliceLeiper.com

6. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    At the last minute, I'm in!
    Gotta do something to get out of this no-writing post-dissertation funk.

Portfolio Entries
    Ugh.

I have written exactly zero words of my Camp NaNo novelette 'Reset' - because I am *still* editing 'Empire: Country.' I didn't dare stop with that once I got started. Just one more chapter to go...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234