• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Camp Nanowrimo 2017

Ireth

Myth Weaver
I'm debating which of my projects to turn into a NaNo this time... probably not Winter's Queen since I'm hoping to be done the current draft by the end of this month. We'll see what happens closer to April. ^^

C

Chessie

@Brian, do you have your own cabin or are you posting here?

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
I usually create a cabin and invite anyone who posts their nano name to the thread. I hadn't thought about camp...but holy crap, it's that time of year again! I'll open a cabin!

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
Is it possible to be in two cabins at the same time? I couldn't find a clear answer at the site. I can see the logic for No, but I also think it'd be nice to be in two.

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
Skip, no to two cabins. You can leave an existing cabin if it's inactive or you want to switch, but you cannot be in two at the same time. However, closer to the start date, we'll open a thread here, and you can come hang out with us there and post snippets or your progress, I'm sure. The downside is that if the cabin is all scribes, it's usually pretty active, and we tend to not double post or carry on conversations on the forum thread, but do it in cabin messages. :( Sorry. But if you want to join us, you're always welcome!

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
Guess I'd better make up my mind ... say yes to one and let the other one ride.

I'll let you know.

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
Chessie, I can't remember your nano name, but i'll add you ASAP. I searched you, but maybe you haven't created a novel? Not sure. Let me know.

C

Chessie

Let me get on that and I'll report here.

@Maiden: done did the novel. Can you try me again? :)

Last edited by a moderator:

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
Yes, Camp NaNo approaches.

With rough drafts for one novel and five longish novellas under my belt from past NaNo's, I believe it be time for something shorter. 'Reset' should be in the 10-12K range, and it's one I didn't get too last year. Should I somehow finish a draft of that, maybe I'll tinker with 'Inheritance.'