• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Anyone partaking in Script Frenzy?

Leif GS Notae

Closed Account
I only ask because I just finished it on the first day, pounding away on the keys with three hours of sleep (2 1 1/2 hour naps) to the point of hallucinations (I ate tacos somewhere during that day, never recalled it until I burped Pastor the next morning).

I used that horrid story (after some tinkering) that i posted on the showcase board and came up with a 114+ page script I could for a book.

Anyone ever think of doing that? Am I just a nut for trying this? Perhaps I need more sleep/drinks to recover.

JCFarnham

Auror
Am I right in saying that the challenge is 100 pages in the month of April? I looked into it before Nano last year. At the time I was considering scripting a scifi show, but I quickly realised that I know next to nothing about how to succeed with that format.

In the past month however I've found myself considering scripting out a comic. I've got somewhere around 3 pages scripted at present, which translates to the "teaser" as it were, up to the title page.. I don't think I have the time or energy to do the challenge properly this year/month, but I may partake in the remainder of it when I get back from Wales Tuesday.

Sooo.. 3.3 pages a day for the final part of the month. That's 62 pages of script for my version of the challenge.

Sound doable? Hell, what am I say you did the whole damn lot in a day! haha

Good going though mate.

Last edited:

myrddin173

Maester
I had a really good idea for a script I wanted to do for Script Frenzy but I'm just to busy to do it this year. Maybe next year...

Also I'm going to move this to the NaNoWriMo forum, since that is for writing challenges like this.

Leif GS Notae

Closed Account
My apologies, I didn't want to make the assumption to put this thread there myself. Thanks myrddin!

I was quite delirious and mad by the time I finished, JC. Thank goodness for the timers, two naps and some stretching.

As long as you try, that's all that matters. I know quite a few people who use these scripts they make for writing novels next time around. Heck, I could make a flash novel out of it soon (which was my plan when I hit about page 90)

Kelise

Maester
Celtx is an awesome script writing program, and I think it's free. That could make it easier for you, JCFarnham, as it does all the formatting for you.

I do it every year, much like NaNo. Currently at 50 pages and trying to take it slow so it doesn't flare up my ross river/chronic fatigue and so on. I find it to be an excellent tool for experimenting and strengthening dialogue since that's all you can really concentrate on - I generally use Script Frenzy to work on my novel series.

This year I'm writing a radio script in hopes of having something good enough to send to BBC radio one day. My friend writes scripts for them, so I hope with that insider knowledge I'll be able to know how to submit it properly just how they like it, which could help my chances of being accepted. Who knows :)