• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

1,000 posts!

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
Hey gang,

We hit a milestone today. This morning we crossed the threshold and reached 1,000 posts. Not bad for a relatively new community.

But the best part is the quality of the posts. They are thoughtful, encouraging and generally fun.

We've got a great community here, and I'm really proud to be a part of it. I want to thank all of you for making this a truly special place.

BD

Good Job, Guys and Gals!

I agree! I'm glad to apart of this community. The quality of the posts have been outstanding and everyone has been very encouraging. Glad to be apart of the first milestone!

Kelise

Maester
Very glad to be here, and to claim responsibility for a tiny-small part of that number.

Can't wait to see more, and watch this community grow, and get to know you all!

Parqstu

Minstrel
Yeo!

... As they would say here( I don't say that :p). Just givin' ya abit of Ireland.
Anyway, great work. Happy to be here, the community's starting to feel warm. Good posts and good fun :)

Legerdemain

Troubadour
Congrats all!

That's so terribly awesome! I appreciate the feedback I have gotten so far from everyone, and I hope people can at least tolerate my comments enough to still post 1000 more! :)

Hearty congratulations to all those who've made this forum a success. Too bad I wasn't here to see it, but that's what happens when your new PC won't connect to the worldwide interweb. I'll raise a pint of amber nectar to one and all, it's a rather fine community.:D

Ravana

Istar
Hmm… wonder how much faster we'd be hitting milestones if you added a subroutine that counted my usual posts as five (or so) average-length ones.… :rolleyes: ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

drkpyn

Scribe
Hurray! Being present for this milestone, and the beginnings of this site, makes me long for the future days when I can complain about how the new guys ruin things and the site was so much better back in the day! Sarcasm aside, this is great and I'm happy to see this community grow.

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
Ravana said:
Hmm… wonder how much faster we'd be hitting milestones if you added a subroutine that counted my usual posts as five (or so) average-length ones.… :rolleyes: ;)

Hehe... I always enjoy your treatises, Ravana. Each one is bursting with insight and 12 delicious fruit flavors. ;)

Ravana

Istar
Hehe... I always enjoy your treatises, Ravana. Each one is bursting with insight and 12 delicious fruit flavors. ;)

Thank you. Uh… twelve? Oh, dear. The Secret Recipe only has nine ingredients. Did I mix up the Malus sieversii and the Malus synaesthesis again…?

Last edited by a moderator:

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
I still remember the day that we hit 1,000 posts. We celebrated that night. It's hard to believe that we'll be approaching 200,000 within the next few months.

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
I joined in July 2011, six months after the first milestone and now I look at this site and how much we have all contributed to the games, research, and writing tips and it's too big to read them all. NICE!

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
In fact, I've often searched back in my own posts, to re-give the same advice I know I've posted before, and it's like finding a needle in a haystack sometimes. I've started a word doc of my best tips, so I can easily find the things I don't want to lose. The post right after my dog died, where we talked about characters dying and how to write the scene; a particular favorite post about show/ tell where I mentioned cutting a scene because the whole scene was a "tell"; writing a musical character, where we talked about incorporating the music into the story, and so many more. I'm glad this site is so huge but finding things can be tricky. I wish we had a sort of archive. I've archived about half the Iron Pen challenges because they mean so much to me, but posts are harder to archive.