• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Thank you, Flat Earth players...!

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
I've made a request to Black Dragon to take down the Flat Earth forum. I've been working on comic strips lately, and I'm quite happy with my first couple of finished pages.

I hate to shut down the game, but I know that I won't be able to run it while making art for the comic. I'm going to need a sizable backlog of strips before I go live, which basically means if I'm drawing and scanning, I need to draw and scan for the comic and nothing else.

I do want to thank everyone who played the game, however. When I came up with the Barbarian Schoolgirls concept, my art sucked. There was no way I'd have attempted to make a comic with my skills at the time. Flat Earth forced me to get better, and I even learned how to draw lightning and blood sprays.

I don't know if I'll make any money drawing a sketchy-looking comic that goes back and forth between stand-alone strips and adventures, or even attract regular readers. What I do know is that I can draw well enough to confidently attempt it, and I owe Flat Earth players my thanks.

Maybe I owe you a game that ends properly, too, but I don't want to promise that right now. Instead, I hope you can accept my apology for leaving the game hanging for so long only to, um… hang up. And hopefully you know my gratitude is sincere despite my abandoning the game like a seemingly-ungrateful oaf.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Apology accepted! Flat Earth was tons of fun. I'm sad to see it go, but happy that you're using what it taught you to do more things. Best of luck with the comic! :D

Ruby

Auror
Hi, Legendary Sidekick, that's sad. I've enjoyed my time on Flat Earth.

I love your artwork and, as Devor said in the post above, I would be interested in reading your comic.

Wishing you lots of success in your new venture!:grouphug:

Reaver

Staff
I hope to see Flat Earth's most famous ronin and his trusty naginata in your comics!!!

The occasional appearance of a cyclape would be a welcome sight too. :D

All the best to you my friend!!

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
It would have been more awesome if they weren't hung upside down!

But yeah, the gallery owner met me at the school I work at. He liked my work and asked me if I'd like to display it. It was an honor to be asked, and for the work to be included with artists who do shows at larger galleries, sell their pieces, etc.