How to Use Images in Your Posts
IMPORTANT: Do not upload any copyrighted images unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted images.
The best way to include images in your posts is by first uploading the image to our gallery, and then linking to it in the post with IMG tags. Here's a step by step guide:
Upload Your Image to the Gallery
1. While logged in to your forums account, go to the image gallery: Fantasy Image Gallery - - Mythic Scribes
2. Click on the category which best fits your image. 3. Near the upper right hand corner is a link labeled "Upload Photos." Click on it, and follow the instructions.
Copy the Image's Direct Link
4. Once the upload has been processed, you will automatically be taken to the image's new gallery page. Remain there.
5. To the right of the image, under the "Additional Info" heading, you will see the image's "Direct Link." Select and copy it.
Place the Image into Your Post
6. When entering a new post in our forums, you may now include the uploaded image by using IMG tags. Simply paste the Direct Link (obtained in step 5) into the post, and then wrap IMG tags around it. The correct usage is:
So for example, the following code
[IMG]Direct Link to your image[/IMG]
Would result in this:
Let us know in this thread if you have any questions.
Post Thanks / Like - 4 Thanks
I tried to upload an image of my book cover, but it said I wasn't allowed to - why is this? Anyone?
It may only be open to those with five or more posts in case spammers try to do so in their first post, though I'm not sure.
Could you provide a bit more information? What file type and file size is it?
"Aren't ordinary people adooorable. Well, you know, you've got John. I should get myself a live-in one. It'd be so funny."
Yes, that's what it is. Only members who've made 5 posts and then waited to be promoted to Acolyte are able to upload images.
Originally Posted by starconstant
Thanks guys. Yes I think that must have been it, there was just a slight delay and I'm too much of an eager beaver lol. Thanks though, I'm all set now x
I've been trying to upload an image of my cover artwork but find that I am not all allowed enough bytes to do it why is this? It was accepted as a profile picture.
Originally Posted by Stuart John Evison
Only images that are under 750 kb may be uploaded to the Gallery. You may want to try reducing the size and/or dimensions of the image. Here's a free online image resizing tool:
Free Online Picture Resizer - Crop and Resize photos, images, or pictures online for FREE!
Once the image has been resized, you can reduce the space of the image further using Yahoo's free image optimizer:
Also, if you had not yet been promoted to the rank of Acolyte when you tried to upload the image, then it would not have worked. If the image was accepted as a profile picture, it's because the system would automatically turn it into a small thumbnail.
This is a reminder to not upload any copyrighted images to the gallery unless you are the owner of the copyright, or have permission from the owner. Thank you for your cooperation.
Thank you. Very helpful post.
I used the links to the forum gallery, but all that's coming up is some blue boxes with question marks. None of the pics will show up.