• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

The Grimdark Magazine Battle-Off Contest

Ankari

Hero Breaker
The Grimdark Magazine is hosting a contest open to all authors. Post an excerpt of a battle scene and the public can vote on it. More information here.

Ankari

Hero Breaker
I just submitted my entry. It's from the Iron Pen Anthology. I would urge everyone who can to submit something. This magazine has some heavy hitters in the fantasy industry.

Ankari

Hero Breaker
Greetings all. There is still time to submit a battle scene to this contest. In related news, I'm currently in the lead! If you can't submit something, please consider reading the submitted excerpts and vote. My story's link is here: Seven Undying Battle-Off Excerpt.

Ankari

Hero Breaker
I voted for you! I also posted about the anthology in the Grimdark Fiction Readers and Writers group on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/groups/grimdarkfiction/

Thanks Phil,

I'm currently in the lead and I hope the initial inertia keeps me there. The winning prize is pretty sweet. You get cover art service, editing, and the eyes of established authors on your writing. I'm pretty stoked about the latter.

Ankari

Hero Breaker
I've made it through the first round which will put my writing in front of professional authors for scrutiny. I'm excited. Thanks to everyone who took the time to vote.

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
We're going to be talking about the Battle Off on an episode of The Grim Tidings Podcast we will record tonight. So you'll get a shout out!

Ankari

Hero Breaker
By the way, I'm in your neck of the global woods. I'm in Hong Kong for a trade show.