• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Self-Publishing, Blockchain For Books, Publica.io?

aiden.schlunke

Hello
I have heard about the blockchain in publishing before and I was kinda scared of it but after doing a bit of a research I changed my mind — the technology might help to create more open environment for writers. As I know there is a start-up called Publica.io and they want to develop usage of blockchain in industry. To be honest, now it sounds like they are going to build a new world but by knowing how technologies are moving forward, it would be awesome! And what’s good, they have a community forum, where they post useful info about blockchain and other topics connected with it:
Publica

I would like to hear your opinions :)

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
This is just goofy and more than a little suspect. There is almost nothing there; what there is, is all about blockchains but nothing about publishing. People ask them direct questions and they still don't talk about publishing.

I'd stay far away.

aiden.schlunke

I have checked the home page, It looks they have trusted leaders and advisors. In the video they explains the idea. I dont think its goofy. they have white paper which covers most of things also

Last edited by a moderator:

Russ

Istar
OMG, the site is very poorly done, and that video is hilarious. Not only does in cram in the maximum number of buzz words possible, it says some stuff that is flat out untrue.

Hey Aiden, do you an association with the site? And just who are these "trusted leaders and advisors" I couldn't tell from the site.

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
It looks like this site is extremely new because I can't find any reviews about it.

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
Also, that video was entirely about how bad the industry is (and was kind of hyperbolic about it) and very little about what publica is or isn't.