Thread: Self-Publishing, Blockchain For Books, Publica.io?

Self-Publishing, Blockchain For Books, Publica.io?

Hello
    I have heard about the blockchain in publishing before and I was kinda scared of it but after doing a bit of a research I changed my mind – the technology might help to create more open environment for writers. As I know there is a start-up called Publica.io and they want to develop usage of blockchain in industry. To be honest, now it sounds like they are going to build a new world but by knowing how technologies are moving forward, it would be awesome! And what’s good, they have a community forum, where they post useful info about blockchain and other topics connected with it:
    Publica

I would like to hear your opinions

Portfolio Entries
    This is just goofy and more than a little suspect. There is almost nothing there; what there is, is all about blockchains but nothing about publishing. People ask them direct questions and they still don't talk about publishing.

I'd stay far away.
    Skip's Writing Tip of the Day: write.
    Visit Altearth
    Altearth Tales: Goblins at the Gates | Mad House | The Carrotfinger Man | The Roadmaster

3. Thanks Russ thanked for this post
    I have checked the home page, It looks they have trusted leaders and advisors. In the video they explains the idea. I dont think its goofy. they have white paper which covers most of things also

OMG, the site is very poorly done, and that video is hilarious. Not only does in cram in the maximum number of buzz words possible, it says some stuff that is flat out untrue.

Hey Aiden, do you an association with the site? And just who are these "trusted leaders and advisors" I couldn't tell from the site.
    “Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.”- John Wayne

It looks like this site is extremely new because I can't find any reviews about it.
    "Fairy tales are more than true, not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - G. K. Chesterton

Catch My Trope Reboots and Other Articles
    Help us get started with Project Mythlands
    Read With Us in the Anatomy of Fiction Reading Group

Also, that video was entirely about how bad the industry is (and was kind of hyperbolic about it) and very little about what publica is or isn't.
    "Fairy tales are more than true, not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - G. K. Chesterton

Catch My Trope Reboots and Other Articles
    Help us get started with Project Mythlands
    Read With Us in the Anatomy of Fiction Reading Group