• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

The Exercise Of Vital Powers

I thought the day would never come, but I have finally published my debut fantasy novel. The Kindle edition of The Exercise Of Vital Powers is now available to purchase from Amazon, with a planned paperback edition to follow in the summer. I intend to have the book available to buy on other distribution platforms in due course.

Purchase From:
Amazon UK | Amazon US | Amazon CA | Amazon AU

TAGLINE

"Some Lessons Must Be Learned The Hard Way"

the-exercise-of-vital-powers-cover.jpg

BLURB
Since its inception, The Order has been dedicated to the prevention of the misuse and abuse of magic. For seven decades this mandate has guaranteed peace and stability throughout The Nine Kingdoms. But a potential threat to the peace has emerged, and its source is much closer to home than the leadership of The Order may realise.

Arrogant, manipulative, confrontational and angry. Undesirable qualities in a person at the best of times, but more so in a young woman born with the power to bring kingdoms to their knees. Kayden Jayta, precocious apprentice of The Order, is all these things and more, yet wholly unwilling to acknowledge and rectify her many troubling traits. Unbeknown to anyone, Kayden’s resolute determination to join the ranks of The Order is born of a secret that puts her priorities at odds with the precepts of the organisation; setting her, inexorably, on a collision course with the most powerful institution in The Nine Kingdoms.

If Kayden is to be dissuaded from walking the path she has chosen, averting tragic consequences in the process, two unanswered questions must be answered: What is the dark secret guiding Kayden’s actions? And, why has a legendary figure within The Order, with a secret of her own, taken undue interest in Kayden’s future?

NOTE:
For whoever is interested, I am currently running a giveaway on my site this week, and there are 25 copies available.

Public Service Announcement:

If you've not yet entered the book giveaway on my site, you have until 23:59pm Sunday 30th April to submit your entry.

Good Luck!!!