• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

youtube publisher

sPAm

Minstrel
Hi every one. My name is MÃ¥ns and I am from sweden.

I always wanted to be a writer. But I chose not to. And I think it was the correct decision. But I wanted to do something with all my writing. So I have started to publish them on youtube. As audio stories. The feeling of having my creations out there feels great even if I don't make any money from them.

Interested in hearing my short story click on this link below.
"Necromancy" Part 1/2 - YouTube
Its a fantasy short story about necromancy. A frankenstein's monster similarity.

If not have a great day!

T.Allen.Smith

Staff
Hello, MÃ¥ns. Welcome to Mythic Scribes.

You're welcome to post your YouTube short story channel. However, please limit it to one forum area. We do not want several forums housing the same, or near-identical posts. I hope you understand.

I have noticed posts regarding the same topic on three different forums: Marketing, Showcase, & now here in Self-Promotion. As such, I have deleted the other two.

Self-promotion is the best forum for this topic, unless you are looking for feedback. In that case, the Critique Request Forum would be best suited.

Again, welcome.

TAS

Last edited:

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met MÃ¥ns aka sPAm of Sweden
Good to have you here.
A friend of mine does Crafting YouTube and adds a story to the end of them. They get pretty good feedback on the stories.

sPAm

Minstrel
Interesting. Can you give me a link or something to his work. Wanna se it. I dont really understand what you mean with crafting.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Interesting. Can you give me a link or something to his work. Wanna se it. I dont really understand what you mean with crafting.
They work in needlecraft mainly; Knitting, Crochet and things I really don't understand.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Nice job Spam. Reminded me of little of Edgar Allen Poe and had a voice similar to what I've read in Dostoyevsky. Hard to assess the writing from an audio file, but it did have that slow creeping horror feel to it.

sPAm

Minstrel
Tank you pmmg! Glad you liked it.
Yes I am new to this kind of Think. I plan to put in text so you can read the story to if you wish. But I dont know if that is a good ide. Trying to do something with Pictures too.

Foah

Troubadour
Hey MÃ¥ns! If you would care for some advice and thoughts, open the spoiler below.

As a native Swede myself, I thought I'd forward some resources for you. Your pronounciation is, as is usual to us non natives, a blend of all the English speaking influences we come across. As such, we are very prone to mixing American/British/Australian accents--sometimes to the point where we pronounce the same word differently in the same sentence.

HOW TO DO A BRITISH ACCENT CONVINCINGLY (1) FOR AMERICAN ACTORS (Acting Coach NYC) - YouTube This is the first of a three part series, spanning half an hour, that quickly goes through basic differences between international/American and Brenglish. If anything, it's a good refresh of knowledge.

To a greater or less extent we'll be stuck with our own native linguistic melodies, and therefore still sound non native no matter the amount of practice. However, I think it may be worth brushing up on, sticking to, and trying our best to mimic either American or British English continuously.

Lastly, I'd recommend learning an audio editing software to edit your audio files some more before publishing. Removing background hissing and other things (A faint click before each line, is that a mouseclick á la push-to-talk/record?). I suggest learning Audacity, which is a very powerful and free audio editing software. This will let you spend a short time editing to produce noticably cleaner audio :)

sPAm

Minstrel
haha. yes, It is kinda funny. I think swedish people can recognize other swedish people only from when they speak english.

Tank you for all the advice. I will check them all out. I don't know however how important correct accent is. I agree that it is good to sound correct but is it so important to sound true american?

Foah

Troubadour
[...] but is it so important to sound true american?

Definitely not! Just asked for the consistency :) Neither of us will ever sound native, but we can do our best to have consistency in our pronounciation, and lean towards an accent rather than mixing it up. Non native voices have their charm aswell and it can even be an added bonus to some books.

sPAm

Minstrel
Okay. I think I have alot of work regarding accent.
But I have finished part 2/2. Got alot better with Audacity. Tanks for the tip Foah, and to others I can recommend it.

Necromancy part 2/2 - YouTube

I think audio got alot better. A better picture was nice. And some music in start was okay I think. Pleas let me know what you think.