• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Microsoft Edge browser

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Anyone else noticed any problems with Microsoft's Windows 10 Edge browser? When I post a message, I have to click in the text box half a dozen times to get it to take. Sometimes I have to reload the page. I haven't noticed this elsewhere (though now I'm going to be watching for it).

Not a huge deal for me since I has FF and Chrome installed as well, but just wanted to see if anyone else had noticed it. I'd hate for new users to come to the site using Edge and run into a glitch.

I've been trying to adapt to Edge, figuring I might as well get used to the browser because it'll be around for a long time. But I hate it. Worst thing I've noticed: On many web pages, I can't right-click to copy text. I can do that on this forum, at least, but not everywhere. I've also noticed that I often can't right-click and choose to print the page. That option just doesn't exist. Edit: But I haven't experienced the problem you've experienced on this site.

Last edited:

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Yeah, the right-click menu is restricted. You have to go to the menu to print, which seems kind of lame. I haven't tried to do much copying. I still use FF and Chrome most often (or even Vivaldi), but I've been playing around with Edge. I like that it seems to be faster and more streamlined than IE but they really need to add some functionality as you said.

Ojara

Dreamer
I've been beta-testing Windows 10 for six months prior to official release. EDGE is bad, really bad, and I've been using Chrome the whole time, please take this into consideration.

Nothing really would load beyond the homepage, so I never got to use this site on it.

Even if there were problems with Edge, it wouldn't go noticed by most because of all the other problems it has. :p

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Actually I've used the browser quite a bit and had no problems other than what I mentioned above. That's just a strange issue.