• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Chat Says I'm Offline

The chatroom has been working fine for me until yesterday. It says I'm 'offline' and I can see the other members in the chat, but I can't post or see what others are posting in the chat. There are no options for me to use. Anyone know what my issue is and how to fix it?

EDIT: Sorry, resolved the issue directly after posting this.

Last edited:

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
This happens to me sometimes, and it's usually fixed by logging out and back in. But I think there really is no button to turn it back on once you turn it off.

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
I log out and in and it fixes. i had this happen for like two months, until I just logged out and back in, and since, I've had it happen only a couple more times, but that fixes it for me.

Heliotrope

Staff
Article Team
I have this problem if I'm using Safari, I can't log in at all. If I'm using Chrome then the toggle bar works for me. Maybe change your browser.

I'm using Chrome, and I'm "offline." When I hit the toggle menu, my only option is "turn off chat." There's no option to actually go online w/ the chat, that I can find...

Edit: BUT I followed Devor's advice, logged out and then back in, and that logged me into chat.