• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Site issues....

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
Would everyone reading this thread please respond. Let us know if you are experience site issues as well. If so, please describe them.

If everything is working fine for you, let us know that as well. In either case, also let us know which browser you are using.

The more information that we collect in this thread, the sooner we can identify the problem. Thank you.

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
Fine here, but I haven't been on for hours. I did notice a huge number of new threads in the Intro forum...

Benjamin,

Please elaborate on this a bit for us. Did this appear to be a glitch of some kind, or was it simply more new threads than usual?

Are these new threads still there?

Thanks!

Well now I'm in and it seems to be working...

Will update if needed. Lets see if it kicks me out like it was.

Benjamin,

Please elaborate on this a bit for us. Did this appear to be a glitch of some kind, or was it simply more new threads than usual?

Are these new threads still there?

Thanks!

I don't know, I did Mark Forums as Read after I opened all the other threads in new tabs. (Typically the way I consume the forums is by visiting the New Posts page, methodically clicking the "new posts" link next to each thread to open them all in tabs, and then going through the tabs. I'd love a more convenient way that doesn't require me to click 50 times.) I recall seeing about 15-20 different threads in Introductions, that all had different titles and posters. I skimmed past them once I realized they were all in Introductions. It's possible they were old threads that New Posts thought were new for some reason. They're gone now, though, I didn't see such a glut this time when I visited.

It is not kicking me out but it is still hanging up on me. Making me copy any txt I was posting to MSW in order to recover it when I have to refresh. Windows gave me a "Refusing to try re connect, the web page continues to have problems" error message it does this every third time.

Hope that helps. And like I said in my mail I am not able to install a different borwser It is not MY pc it is my work PC. =( for some reason the software I have on here disallows any other browser type.

Ah see I tried to edit and it did it again this time I got a screen shoot!!!

OK so here is what I was trying to add...

The issue seems to be limited to log in's (some times)
and saving new content.

I found a sometimes work around by clicking "Go Advanced"
this works 50% of the time if I need to make changes to a posting, spacing however... the goes out the window.

IF I just hit the regular save button the whole thing comes to a screeching halt. After I refresh I get this screen:

I will have to email it to you.

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
Thank you for sending me the screenshot. It's very helpful.

The problem is that your browser installation has been corrupted. The two most common culprits are a faulty plugin or a trojan virus.

Since you don't have the ability to reinstall the browser, you should speak with your technical support and ask them to resolve the issue. They will probably have to reinstall Internet Explorer, and may also want to do a virus sweep.

Here's some more information on the error which you are experiencing:

res://ieframe.dll/acr_error.htm - Microsoft Answers

I hope that this helps.

I will have my tech's look into the matter , I know it is not an add on so I can at least rule that out :)
Thanks.

Last edited:

Amanita

Maester
I'm having a small problem here too. Sometimes, when I press the back button or change side, there is a message telling me that "changes made in the editor aren't saved." And there's an annoying sound.
It's not a big issue but it's a bit annoying. Does anyone know what that is or what I could do about it?

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
I'm having a small problem here too. Sometimes, when I press the back button or change side, there is a message telling me that "changes made in the editor aren't saved." And there's an annoying sound.
It's not a big issue but it's a bit annoying. Does anyone know what that is or what I could do about it?

I haven't experienced this myself. I suspect, though, that it has something to do with the editor's autosave feature not working well with the browser's back button.

A lot of intricate sites, such as forums, don't play nice with back buttons on browsers. They are (usually) designed to be used only with the site's own navigation system. I imagine that's the case here.