• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Make Character Q&A its own Board?

Its called a board right? forum thingy? I just think they may be crowding up the brainstorming and planning section. I'm all for character questioning and answering but they seem to become a bit of a role play and i personally think the brainstorm section may not be the best place for them.

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Would a sub-forum under Brainstorming & Planning work? Honestly, that was something some mods suggested before. I was one of the guys who said best not to mess with what's working well, but now that you're asking it's different.

If a sub-forum sounds good to you guys, I think we can arrange that. That would include moving the existing Q&A's there.

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Cool.

Another possibility is to make it a just plain forum instead of a sub-forum. I'm guessing you guys would be fine with that, too, as long as the original Q&A threads are all moved there so everything's all in one place. Speaking of guessing, I'd rather not guess what you guys want, which is why I'm asking instead of keeping this conversation in the mod section. (I appreciate the responses, too!) So I have two questions for you:

1) What is the purpose of these character Q&A's?

If you prefer multiple choice:
A. brainstorming/planning
B. role-playing
C. both
D. none of the above

2) Whether it's a sub-forum or forum, what would you want it to be called?

If you prefer yes/no questions:
Does "Character Q&A" work?

Sia

Sage
Yeh, the purpose is to a)brainstorm/plan a character. b) is just the method used.

They work fine for me too.

hypocrite The only 'issue' is that they're taking over the main brainstorming forum! /hypocrite

Still, though, they are brainstorming/planning exercises so I do think they belong there even if under a subforum... unless you want to make a forum for character development generally, I suppose. Or even a sub-forum for same.

Last edited:

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Okay, so far it sounds like it's brainstorming-related. A sub-forum or new forum (maybe next to the Brainstorming one?) will likely happen. I'm off to Hong Kong tonight, but that won't slow things down. Devor, Phil and Black Dragon deserve most of the credit for making this new board happen. I'm just the guy who wanted to see that you guys have a say in how this goes down, since I was impressed by the popularity of the Q&A's and the role=plays themselves.

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
No promises, and we're certainly not voting, but if we do this, do people have a preference between a brainstorming-focused "Character Q&A" forum and a broad, multi-purpose "Roleplay-Your-own-characters" forum?

Specifically, we don't necessarily want to see a dozen D&D games sprout up, but I think we do want to encourage things like the Interdimensional Cantina.

How hard would you want us to draw the line between Q&A and Roleplaying?