• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

So, I found this website...

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Hello Butterfly!

Thank you for sharing a link to World of Lucid Dreaming with us. I have known that place since a long time ago, but maybe others here have never visited it. It's a cool site with loads of important information, but I dislike certain things and points of view that have been expressed in that site.

Anyway, I admit that any person interested in Lucid Dreaming should pay them a good visit.

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Hello there Storm!

Well, at least from a storyteller's point of view something curious about dreams is that they are unpredictable. When I attain Lucidity it feels great, and even unbelievable when I get the Wake Induced experience... and yet, my best and most inspirational dreams have not been of the lucid kind.

Actually, my best Dream adventures have been unexpected and uncontrollable at once.

I have sometimes received inspiration for certain scenes and characters in dreams, and some of my best dreams have the potential to become entire stories all by themselves.

Who knows, perhaps having the power to control all dreams would ruin those great and surprising adventures.

I've had a few experiences of lucid dreaming but the realisation I'm in control has too often brought with it the consciousness 'I'm in a dream' and woken me up :(

Tom

Istar
I've been experiencing lucid dreams since I was a pretty young kid. Most of them were flying dreams when I was little, but as I've gotten older they've become more complex and often have a highly detailed storyline. This website claims you can control your dreams in a lucid dream state, but I've never been able to do that. I know I'm dreaming, and everything feels intensely real, but I can't control the dream, only my own actions. That's about it.

I've been experiencing lucid dreams since I was a pretty young kid. Most of them were flying dreams when I was little, but as I've gotten older they've become more complex and often have a highly detailed storyline. This website claims you can control your dreams in a lucid dream state, but I've never been able to do that. I know I'm dreaming, and everything feels intensely real, but I can't control the dream, only my own actions. That's about it.

My amount of control in a lucid dream varies. I usually can run supernaturally fast, and sometimes fly and walk on water. Also, my dreams are often like an open world video game so I can explore. My control over the dream landscape is limited, though I can control what I do (if I'm in a library, I can read the books, etc.) When i start trying to control my surroundings themselves I typically wake up.

My abilities have gotten much weaker since I stopped writing down my dreams. I plan to start journaling them again and hopefully then I'll be able to do it again.

Tom

Istar
I've never dream journaled or anything. I've just...always been able to lucid dream. I don't know how. Lately I've noticed a decline in the amount of lucid dreams I have, but not my lucidity within them. For now I'm chalking it up to stress, since my pace of life and sleep schedule have both unfortunately taken a hit this year.